• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 4/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a surprise. Incredibly soft penalty for pretty much nothing. But, whatever wins City the title for these refs who enjoy going to the Middle East for jaunts and to collect their envelopes.

Just fuck off Premier League officials...

What's the point of supporting a team not favoured by the officials? You know they're going to fuck you over at some point. Absolute joke.

Chris waddle says it was a silly challenge

If you went flying in like that anywhere else on the pitch they’d do you (Gvardiol) for excessive force

Yeah, that's one where the replay showed it was just a collision. Frustrating. Isn't VAR meant to looking to deny any sort of goal these days? Can't keep up

It's just a collision. I mean I get it, if you want to look at it in the way that says he's had a shot and then been cleaned out, but fuck off. It's just a collision, a coming together that no-one is at fault for
Has he been cleaned out?

RAN took one in the face and the follow through of the shot.

Hwang... City didn't even bother to challenge him as they knew he'd give it to them....

One of those that goes either way for me.

RAN takes a blind swing to clear the ball, gets nowhere near it and then there's a collision between the two players. From that perspective I can see why it would be given a foul. Yet you've also got Gvardiol steaming in for the shot and it's his momentum that causes the collision as much as anything.

Wolves do seem to find themselves in these situations a lot this season though, bit too eager to swing a leg at something in their own box at times and if it causes contact then you're asking for trouble these days.

Soft as fuck on another note, Sa never gets near a penalty, sprawls the wrong way almost every time.

Don't often get a pen for something like that, not identical but we got one for a foul on Doc at Bournemouth a few years ago I think

One of those that goes either way for me.

RAN takes a blind swing to clear the ball, gets nowhere near it and then there's a collision between the two players. From that perspective I can see why it would be given a foul. Yet you've also got Gvardiol steaming in for the shot and it's his momentum that causes the collision as much as anything.

Wolves do seem to find themselves in these situations a lot this season though, bit too eager to swing a leg at something in their own box at times and if it causes contact then you're asking for trouble these days.
Agreed, it is one that goes either way, thats the issue though isn't it. only ever seems to go one way.

Agreed, it is one that goes either way, thats the issue though isn't it. only ever seems to go one way.

Try, and fail, to put your foot through it without knowing what else is around enough times and you'll end up catching an opponent somewhere along the line.

Has he been cleaned out?

RAN took one in the face and the follow through of the shot.

There's a case for a foul either way but ultimately in those situations if a foul is given its always given against the one who doesn't get the ball.

Like I say, it's a fairly typical no fault collision for me, and while it seems contradictory I think it's bollocks but can also understand why he's given it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back