• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester United (A) 03/01/2022 5.30pm Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well but obvious why we don't score, hardly created a proper chance for all the attempts we've had.

Everyone's been tidy though. All of front three have combined nicely, Semedo playing very well too. Midfielders been excellent.

A lot of it I think is down to how they are set up (as well as us playing well). Our midfield two are better than theirs currently.

He'd been playing with a knee injury for years just managing pain. There was an article I read where he talked about it in detail.
You know where, I'd quite like to read that

you don’t beat sky six teams if you don’t score when you’re that on top. They will get the hairdryer and come out a different side unfortunately
Dean/Mariner will conspire to hand Ronaldo a penalty when a slight breeze knocks him over late on.

Played well but obvious why we don't score, hardly created a proper chance for all the attempts we've had.

Everyone's been tidy though. All of front three have combined nicely, Semedo playing very well too. Midfielders been excellent.

A lot of it I think is down to how they are set up (as well as us playing well). Our midfield two are better than theirs currently.

Semedo has been superb, he gave the ball away once but has otherwise been excellent, attacking and defending, making intelligent runs, dribbling into space etc. I still can't believe I see people critical of either him or the transfer fee.

Carrying Trincao and Jimenez. May as well stick Donck and Adama on.
Hope my post can come back to bite me 😊

If we had someone making late runs into the box I think Semedo would immediately become more productive.

Remember when he was the next big thing in English football? Was proper good for Blackburn IIRC.
Signed when he was 17 wasn’t he?

Madness to think both him and De Gea were part of United team that last won the league

They can’t be that bad second half. Let’s hope that comes back to bite me!

We’re bossing this so far and have played some good stuff.
However Utd surely will improve second half.
[/QUOT

Thing is, we’ve bossed it and still have an XG of 0.67.

Andrew Cole has a really dull delivery in his punditary. Almost like our set pieces.

Semedo has been superb, he gave the ball away once but has otherwise been excellent, attacking and defending, making intelligent runs, dribbling into space etc. I still can't believe I see people critical of either him or the transfer fee.

Criticism of him as a player I don't understand he's a fantastic fullback who's been consistently good for us since about Jan last year.

The fee however is high for a fullback who doesn't create chances or score a few. You look at someone like Regulion in comparison who cost less and has 3 assists and a goal already this season, you can see why people are critical.

If he'd played like this every week there could be no complaints, hard to argue this has been his benchmark thus far though.

Said earlier in the season about the raw deal the wingbacks get at times, been evident again with Semedo today, he gets in good positions and then left with too much to do to turn it into anything of note. They don't get the support from the midfield to lay things inside square and make a second run off the ball or the forwards don't make their runs early enough for them to play crosses first time when they slid down the channels.

Still more work required for everything to join up properly.

We need a forward to challenge Raul because right now he is a waste of a shirt. And has been virtually since his return from his head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back