• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Mr le Fondre

ALF is a proven goalscorer in this division if played in the right way. Kenny expects him to play as loan striker and run and jump for 40 yard punts.. Not his game and really he may as well look for another club this window for his own sake.

ALF is a proven goalscorer in this division if played in the right way. Kenny expects him to play as loan striker and run and jump for 40 yard punts.. Not his game and really he may as well look for another club this window for his own sake.

Siggy and ALF could work but never ALF on his own

His record isn't anything special, his loan spell at Bolton produced his best goals:games ratio where he wasn't far off 1:2 but at Reading it was always closer to 1:3 and then a complete waste of time at Cardiff.

Standard Championship nobody.

His record isn't anything special, his loan spell at Bolton produced his best goals:games ratio where he wasn't far off 1:2 but at Reading it was always closer to 1:3 and then a complete waste of time at Cardiff.

Standard Championship nobody.

Don't understand the love in. He's nothing special. Had a good run in PL where kept scoring as a sub, but there's a reason he didn't start. If he was that good then he wouldn't be chilling on our bench when we have nothing else. He'd be playing or someone else better would want him.

I don't think there is a love in. In fact everywhere I read he's getting a slating, which is really harsh! He's not fantastic but at the start of the season I'd have said Afobe, Dicko, Le Fondre was as good a three strikers you are going to get in the Championship. I was impressed with his work rate, and he will score goals in a certain type of team. A team that defends with ten men behind the ball and lumps it at you is not that type of team.

Yep, not sure recognising him as a decent player can be described as a 'love-in'.

And saying 'he can't be that good cos he can't make our first team' doesn't really carry much weight after some of the enlightening decisions our manager's made this season.

It wasn't just our team I was referring to. It's any team. No one else wants him.

Yeah he's an average player based on what I've seen. And the fact he doesn't play doesn't bother me. I don't think he'd improve anything

As YW says he was fine for what he was signed for impact sub or back up for the odd game for Afobe and Dicko. Dicko's injury being long term changed all that, along with the obsession with playing Edwards at 10. The anti football formation certainly doesn't suit him and Zyro getting picked up front v Fulham certainly doesn't look good for him. If he doesn't start today, I'd look at sending him back if we can bring 2 new forwards in. If a loan forward can't get a game with our currentt options then there is little point in him being here.

I still have the knee scars from 'old school' astroturf ( 30 years ago, mind you)

I played in goal in an entertaining 3_3 draw at Kenilworth Road Luton Town on their plastic pitch almost 30 years ago. There was sand everywhere and the bounce ridiculous. The second goal was a volley into the ground that bounced so high it went up and over me into the net. You have physical scars. Mine are mental.

Wolves may have revised their position on Adam le Fondre. Pre season when signing him Wolves were hopeful of a promotion push and his wage levels could be accepted. Now with the club in a mid table going nowhere position they could be looking to downsize even further so his wage demands might look a little on the high side. I wouldn't be surprised if he left due to budget cuts.

I played in goal in an entertaining 3_3 draw at Kenilworth Road Luton Town on their plastic pitch almost 30 years ago. There was sand everywhere and the bounce ridiculous. The second goal was a volley into the ground that bounced so high it went up and over me into the net. You have physical scars. Mine are mental.

I always had perfect skin as every time a high ball came in, your face got sandblasted :)

In the starting line-up today. Not that I hold much hope given the way we play, but here's hoping he grabs a couple!

Bloody ell!, just watched one time Wolves must buy Bradley Dack, made Le Fondre look like Messi.

Back