• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Muso's Guitar Tart Waffle

Gav has all the Deans on the wall and everything else on stands. Fanboi. Clearly.

Never seen him play. He has a Dime M as I remember… I have an Olympic white Les Paul with gold hardware. Doesn’t make me Randy Rhoads!

The reason the Tele is on a stand is because being the thick twat I am I didn’t angle the guitar hook when I fitted it to the wall so with the tiny headstock it kept slipping through. I’ll buy another hook and hang it at some point, it’s a pisser as I wanted the Tele next to all the Quo stuff but hey ho. I only bought the Gran Sport so I didn’t have to hang my acoustic there 😂

Mate of mine has a semi hollow Tele.....T90?
Sounds lovely, especially the 60s twangy stuff he likes to play

Oh man, I LOVED my '72 Tele Deluxe. Wished I'd never sold. Worth shit loads now its no longer made which makes buying a replacement next to impossible.

preview.jpg

Seeing a Tele with that headstock is bizarre.

Seeing a Tele with that headstock is bizarre.
The whole guitar is a bit of an oddball. Tele body, huge scratchplate, Gibson-esque controls, strat headstock, double humbuckers. None of it makes sense, but it's all the more cool because of it. That guitar had character and mojo.

Yep.

I bought it new for £525 and I think the list price was £599
A good number of years later it needed some work doing. New fret job basically, so instead of paying for that I sold it as I had noticed the list price had gone up to £799. Got £410 for it and then bought a G&L ASAT walnut for £399. Lovely guitar and arguably has a better sound, nicer fretboard, better controls etc.... but its just not the one.

preview.jpg

Anyway, I decided to take a look on eBay to see if there were any 72' Tele Deluxes knocking around I could pick up for cheap (even if it was just in my head) and couldn't believe the scarcity and price. £900 for a beaten up, scratched to fuck version. Turns out they've stopped making it a few years ago and the value has just rocketed.

Really wish I'd just paid for the fret job now 😔

I prefer the strat headstock on it. The tele headstocks are ugly.
That is a perfect tele IMO Machin
Looks unbalanced with the bigger stock, IMO.

Love all Fenders but love the design of Jags most of all.

Back