• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see and hear at the moment is speculation from the media, nothing from the club.

All I see and hear at the moment is speculation from the media, nothing from the club.
I don`t think it was very professional to declare their interest when his team were about to play a game in the evening either, IF that is what they did.

In that interview with Beale that someone uploaded it looked as if he hadn't slept for a week .

Leaving QPR as they hit the top of the Championship table for the first time since God knows when . If you were a QPR fan you'd be fuming .
Bit like Nathan Jones leaving Luton to go to Stoke when they were top of League 1 - didn't go too well for Jones ( recovered well since back at Luton ) .
It's happened before ( Managers leaving a lower division club that were riding high mid season ) to go to a bigger club , and It'll happen again .

Let's just get it done , change the mindset of everyone at the club and reset and start again . It's still very early in the season , there is plenty of time to recover and every club from 7th downwards looks beatable to me in the PL . In addition we have another preseason coming up - a once in a lifetime opportunity for a new Manager to sort things out over a 6 week period having played 15/16 matches , without playing a single match ourselves .

It won't be a season-long relegation battle, that's the thing. This squad is massively punching below its weight currently as the previous manager was about as much use in the dugout as a traffic cone.
It definitely shouldn’t be a season long battle. If it is, then we will have got this next appointment drastically wrong.

Alternatively the squad isn’t as good as people think?

I know an agent with 2 players at Glasgow Rangers. Both said he was a great coach.

You'd have thought even Jeff and Scott could sell us to a Championship manager.

Beale isn't really going to get a bigger PL job than us (possibly Villa I guess?) whatever he does with QPR

You would have thought there would have been discussions through his agent throughout the week so we must have an idea that he wants the job. Hopefully it will be done today in time for a home debut on the weekend.

The only thing that gives me pause for thought about Beale is that if he's as meticulous as it seems, he'll no doubt want to know exactly what the deal is with the job, and I wonder if the Mendes factor or just our general setup might be an issue for him. Bear in mind Nuno and Bruno were both Mendes clients and used to the merry-go-round

The exchanges are actually drifting longer this morning for Beale. So, if anyone is certain he's going to join, now's a good chance to sweep up the favourable odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back