• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking shit about Villa can never be wrong.

A) Don't think Villa have 'asked him to go back'.
B) Recruitment at Villa was down to his mate.

A) Don't think Villa have 'asked him to go back'.
B) Recruitment at Villa was down to his mate.
A) I'd hold this against the reporter that made it sound like they had
B) Well his mate has done a shit job, then 😆

A) I'd hold this against the reporter that made it sound like they had
B) Well his mate has done a shit job, then 😆
A) Fair point. Could have replied, I'd be honoured to be linked but it's not going to happen and I'm happy where I am...or summat.
B) Yes. He has, well out of his depth

Anyway. It's got nowt to do with our 'manager search'.
Beale turned us down for QPR if I remember correctly.

Why is Beale commenting on Villa ? Not something another Manager should be doing .

He was asked if he would go back there - fair enough - he said no . Leave it at that .

He has a job at QPR - stick to that .

He's just been honest as far as I can see, someone's asked him a question, he's answered it.
As I said the other day, we went for him, he turned us down, I really don't care what he does now.

Over half the league is 'relegation threatened', we're hardly rock bottom and miles from safety.

Our chances of being genuinely relegation threatened after Xmas are massively increased by deciding to stick with an inadequate Davis/Sellars combo till then
The difference between us and everyone else is that we're not scoring goals . It's a massive problem for us .

You are correct - we are far from being cut adrift , but we never look like scoring .

Having Davis in charge is far from ideal . I would have been happy with Lopetegui and Beale would have been interesting if it had proceeded .

There is no way you would leave Davis and Collins in charge in a normal season where matches take place in November and December . One assumes they have 4 more games and that's it .

I'm simply of the view that when Option no. 1 and no.2 reject you , you don't just keep on going down whatever list you have and keep offering them the job - if they weren't meeting the criteria in the first place .

Becoming angry and staying angry is never a good strategy . We need calm heads .

It's a load of condescending garbage without a single point made.
I made a number of points - you're entitled to disagree , but that's all you're entitled to .

We all have opinions here and are entitled to state them , as long as we do so in a reasonable and fair manner .

I'll continue to post here and I won't be put off by anyone .

I made a number of points - you're entitled to disagree , but that's all you're entitled to .

We all have opinions here and are entitled to state them , as long as we do so in a reasonable and fair manner .

I'll continue to post here and I won't be put off by anyone .
You go girl

Beale did the right thing. He wasn't ready for this job or the pressures that come with the situation the club is in right now. If his agent encouraged discussions, I wouldn't say that's his fault. He has my respect for doing the right thing.

As for Sellars, part of me does wonder if Davis is just the stooge stood on the touchline, masquerading as the boyhood fan while listening to how things are going to go down from the real manager, the only bloke Shi seems to trust, sat up in the Billy Wright mic'd up. It's an all too convenient story to keep the fans onside that seems to be unraveling, and let's face it, it's not like Shi hasn't treated us legacy fans with utter disdain previously

So why not just appoint Sellars? It's not like he's a random Andrea Butti type figure, he was a Premier League footballer and a good one.

The murkiness isn't there.

So why not just appoint Sellars? It's not like he's a random Andrea Butti type figure, he was a Premier League footballer and a good one.

There’s plenty of smoke on this one. Too much to ignore.

He’s been pictured with the headsets, stories in the press saying he’s involved. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t think that it’s murky tbh.

And I don’t know how many times this needs to be said but being a player has Zero to do with how good a coach or manager you are.

Bully being the prime example.

Possibly to avoid outcry from the fans? Sellars has never been popular, Davis is a more palatable option for many fans purely from the 'local boy gets to coach his team' perspective and conveniently will happily work with Scott and take the flack and/or plaudits while the slimy bloke who slagged Podence off last summer gets to sink his teeth further into us. We've seen many times Shi will bow to what he thinks will placate us legacy fans if he thinks it's necessary.

Not saying that's what I believe is happening, but I reckon it would pass the sniff test.

But why obfuscate the matter? Just put him in charge, he's nominally qualified.

If you wanted to put someone in as a shield who everyone loves but isn't really making the calls, you'd pick Moutinho. Most Wolves fans don't even know who Steve Davis is.

It's rubbish.

But why obfuscate the matter? Just put him in charge, he's nominally qualified.

If you wanted to put someone in as a shield who everyone loves but isn't really making the calls, you'd pick Moutinho. Most Wolves fans don't even know who Steve Davis is.

It's rubbish.
So loads of people are wrong on this?

Keen, Crook, the fan who took the pic. All making it up?

I’ve seen with my own eyes, many years ago, Jim Magiliton who was manager of Ipswich at the time relay communications down to the bench through the whole of one half before going down to the touchlne for the second half.

The theory is that the man in the stands has a better view. He then relays instructions to the coach on the line and decisions made.

It didn’t work that day at Ipswich as they got stuffed.

I think we’re trying something which just isn’t working.

What if Davis wants Sellars to be involved? Or it was proposed to him and he said ok?

We're getting plenty wrong, I don't need everything to be painted as a Machiavellian plot. Jeff Shi isn't even Dick Dastardly.

- We are not selling all our squad for 2p and going into admin
- We have not made Scott Sellars manager but we're too frit to say so and so have appointed Steve Davis (who 90%+ of Wolves fans couldn't have picked out of a line up a month ago, and would have thought he was a snooker player) to appease the baying mob
- Michael Beale is not a "cunt" for turning us down, he didn't do it because he was after another job either

People need to simplify it. We have a lack of quality at executive level, therefore bad things happen quite often. No plots, no intrigue. It's general incompetence.

Last edited:
What if Davis wants Sellars to be involved? Or it was proposed to him and he said ok?

We're getting plenty wrong, I don't need everything to be painted as a Machiavellian plot. Jeff Shi isn't even Dick Dastardly.

- We are not selling all our squad for 2p and going into admin
- We have not made Scott Sellars manager but we're too frit to say so and so have appointed Steve Davis (who 90%+ of Wolves couldn't have picked out of a line up a month ago, and would have thought he was a snooker player) to appease the baying mob
- Michael Beale is not a "cunt" for turning us down, he didn't do it because he was after another job either

People need to simplify it. We have a lack of quality at executive level, therefore bad things happen quite often. No plots, no intrigue. It's general incompetence.
You may be right with your first sentence, but they would’ve told us about it wouldn’t they?

The whole thing stinks.

And we may well sell the squad, we may well go into admin. You don’t know any of that any more than anybody else. Nobody knows given the mess they’ve made of everything this season.

we will almost certainly make terrible transfer deals in a January involving Neves and others. This is based on recent history.

I’ve only seen one person call Beale a cunt and he’s wrong.

And whilst it is complex, to dismiss anything is not going on with Sellars is to just not acknowledge the evidence out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back