• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if by some minor miracle we stay up we’re simply kicking the can down the street for another season. They won’t learn, they won’t change the structure at the club either.
A close call should always force you to properly assess what went wrong but our hierarchy is so arrogant it won’t.

Yeah, everybody else is wrong but you're right and just taking Davis word for it.

Seems reasonable.
Either Steve Davis, James Collins or Tony Roberts have a secret (well hidden because you can't see it in any of the TV coverage) earpiece where they receive direct instructions on tactics and substitutions from Scott Sellars sitting in the stands. Not only that they blatantly lie about it when directly asked by the media.

Seems reasonable. And priceless 😂🤣😂🤣😂

The contrast in the way we changed manager between us and Villa is astounding, and as a wolves fan, embarrassing.

Villa go out and punch above their weight while we don’t punch at all. We bury our heads in the sand and hope we are ok.

They are an ambitious club who are trying, Shi is a rabbit in the headlights hoping and praying he won’t get squished.

We are a shambles and I am ashamed that we could turn a position of strength into such a mess so quickly.

Either Steve Davis, James Collins or Tony Roberts have a secret (well hidden because you can't see it in any of the TV coverage) earpiece where they receive direct instructions on tactics and substitutions from Scott Sellars sitting in the stands. Not only that they blatantly lie about it when directly asked by the media.

Mat Pearson sat next to them on the bench does though. Which is acknowledged by Davis. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Erm what?

Think you may need to read again, look at all the photos and evidence on social media and ask yourself why Sellars is talking to Pearson in the dugout at all? And why would they lie about it?

Of course your defence of the ridiculous can only mean you are related to or be one of said staff and my point to fuck off out of our club still stands.

Maybe he was listening to Mikey Burrows commentary instead?

What were the tactics boards for? Maybe he was helping out the U21s.

The thing I don't get is... why lie?

If they'd come out and said when Lage was sacked something along the lines of "Until a replacement head coach and backroom team is appointed, Scott Sellars will be assisting caretaker head coach Steve Davis," it would obviously still not be a good thing (why have you left yourself in a situation where your head of recruitment has to chip in with coaching and tactics?) but he's no less qualified for it than Davis on paper.

Instead they seem incredibly determined to insist that there's a firewall between them that clearly isn't there.

I don't think it matters a bit if they want to sell us in the PL or the Championship.
If you read that article, they are trading in multi millions, they are selling stuff in multi thousand millions.
They aren't gonna be bothered about just a few thousand here and there.

Didn't they say they would look to bring in additional support staff for Davis & Collins when they made that ludicrous statement about going with them until the new year?

I mean, it's one thing making a complete & utter cock up with signing a manager, but surely it's another level of ineptitude not being able to recruit some backroom coaching staff?

Rob Edwards is currently unemployed and would surely jump at the opportunity to come and support the current lads? More experience for him, this time in the PL. Plus he has an affiliation with the club. And it was well reported Shi had already spoken to him. Why the fuck are we hanging around?!

I'm not even saying that's the best solution, but we're a mess and Davis needs help. At the moment he's being thrown under the bus by Shi.

Didn't they say they would look to bring in additional support staff for Davis & Collins when they made that ludicrous statement about going with them until the new year?

I mean, it's one thing making a complete & utter cock up with signing a manager, but surely it's another level of ineptitude not being able to recruit some backroom coaching staff?

Rob Edwards is currently unemployed and would surely jump at the opportunity to come and support the current lads? More experience for him, this time in the PL. Plus he has an affiliation with the club. And it was well reported Shi had already spoken to him. Why the fuck are we hanging around?!

I'm not even saying that's the best solution, but we're a mess and Davis needs help. At the moment he's being thrown under the bus by Shi.
They have... Scott Sellars 🤦‍♂️

I don't think it matters a bit if they want to sell us in the PL or the Championship.
If you read that article, they are trading in multi millions, they are selling stuff in multi thousand millions.
They aren't gonna be bothered about just a few thousand here and there.
If you think the difference between the PL and EFL is insignificant I don't know what to tell you.

If you think Fosun only do deals for thousands of millions (that'll be billions in modern parlance) then you're flat out wrong as we were bought for less than £50m

He's a manager Jinky, I'm not sure being a temp coach at PL level is the step forward you think it is.

Also: Support the current lads? Really? He's going to support the inexperienced management team he's clearly better than?

He's a manager Jinky, I'm not sure being a temp coach at PL level is the step forward you think it is.

Also: Support the current lads? Really? He's going to support the inexperienced management team he's clearly better than?
Well yeah. They'll dress it up as "supporting", but really he'll be doing the managing. Who knows, if it goes well maybe they'll give him the gig until the end of the season and that won't be bad for his CV?

Ultimately Shi struggled to sell us to potential suitors when we were in a good position. He's hasn't got a chance making us look like an attractive proposition now.

I don't disagree that Shi has fucked up (@Harry J may disagree with this). But suggesting Edwards to come in would be as much as a disaster as sticking with the current crop.

It was just throwing a name out there as an example, really. They did say they were going to bring in support, but currently, they haven't.

The silence has been deafening since the embarrassment last weekend.

It was just throwing a name out there as an example, really. They did say they were going to bring in support, but currently, they haven't.

The silence has been deafening since the embarrassment last weekend.
They don't have anything to say. Unless it was introducing a new manager, the response they'd get would be a collective fuck off, so all pretty pointless.

Even the client journalists have gone various levels of rogue so they can't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back