• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam here has either had a nod or is just bored and needed to do an article

Although saying Wolves could go back on their statement that there isn't a suitable candidate after the defeat v Leicester....if there is a suitable candidate available, just sounds odd.

Liam here has either had a nod or is just bored and needed to do an article

Although saying Wolves could go back on their statement that there isn't a suitable candidate after the defeat v Leicester....if there is a suitable candidate available, just sounds odd.
We’ve got all our scouts lifting stones across Europe in case we missed someone.

There's been rumours about vitor Pereira hasn't there? I wonder if its linked

So you've no idea and basing your knowledge around nothing at all.

Good to know.
That's quite clearly what I didn't say. It's you who claims to not know what an analyst does, although I suspect you do. He pretty much spells it out in the link I gave to you. The various data he collects on both the first team and the opposition is utilised by the coaching staff. He doesn't pick the team, decide on tactics or substitutions. It's not difficult.

I know you and Johnny have a thing for each other, but pretty much everyone on here knows that Sellars has a say in tactics and game management, I mean his whiteboard even had the Donck/Nunes stupid inside right position on it. When Madeley the lamest of patsy correspondents goes as far as to say
"Supporters will make their own decisions on whether Sellars’ communication with Pearson, who spends games on the touchline, cannot seep into the collective thinking of the coaching staff." the game really is up.

You didn't know who Pearson was or that he sat on the bench this morning, so you can continue to dig in and look silly or give it up. Totally your call

Deutsch is correct though in the grand scheme of issues, it's pretty low down
My point was only to defend the honesty of Steve Davis. He stated that he picked the team, decided on tactics and substitutions. Pearson had a team of people, all working in the overall analysis of the first team and their opposition. As many of these left with Bruno Lage we're told by Davis and others that Sellars is just one of the people is helping with the necessary data collection. That analysis will take various forms and will be used by the coaching staff as they see fit. For example that may be an analysis of how the opposition are setting up at certain set pieces. If that analysis 'seeps into the collective thinking of the coaching staff' then that's exactly what it's supposed to do. If the expectation that a certain player was going to take up a particular position and is actually in a slightly different position which is then affecting our ability to attack or defend then again it's hoped that that information is accurately relayed to the coach, Davis. He can then assess whether he needs to make changes. What the analysts aren't doing is picking the team, deciding on tactics or substitutions.

Information is flowing to Pearson and presumably that information is made available to Davis. He can then assess it and act if *he thinks* it's necessary.

Of course I knew who Pearson was. In the initial link I gave Davis clearly says that Sellars is just helping Matt out with his analysis.

It really boils down to whether you think Steve Davis is a liar or not. I don't. It's that simple.

But everything is good at Wolves, eh @Harry J
No, not at all. I'm not sure why you'd think that I'd think that 'everything was good". Wolves is a car crash that's been a long time coming. The driver of that car is Jeff Shi. His failures have been well documented so it's pointless listing them again. I was devastated to learn Coady was being sold and I still am to be honest. He was my favorite player and a leader we haven't come close to replacing. As much as I love Neves he's not a natural leader. Looks like he's gone anyway in January according to Tony Roberts.

That's quite clearly what I didn't say. It's you who claims to not know what an analyst does, although I suspect you do. He pretty much spells it out in the link I gave to you. The various data he collects on both the first team and the opposition is utilised by the coaching staff. He doesn't pick the team, decide on tactics or substitutions. It's not difficult.
Not. A. Clue.

My point was only to defend the honesty of Steve Davis. He stated that he picked the team, decided on tactics and substitutions. Pearson had a team of people, all working in the overall analysis of the first team and their opposition. As many of these left with Bruno Lage we're told by Davis and others that Sellars is just one of the people is helping with the necessary data collection. That analysis will take various forms and will be used by the coaching staff as they see fit. For example that may be an analysis of how the opposition are setting up at certain set pieces. If that analysis 'seeps into the collective thinking of the coaching staff' then that's exactly what it's supposed to do. If the expectation that a certain player was going to take up a particular position and is actually in a slightly different position which is then affecting our ability to attack or defend then again it's hoped that that information is accurately relayed to the coach, Davis. He can then assess whether he needs to make changes. What the analysts aren't doing is picking the team, deciding on tactics or substitutions.

Information is flowing to Pearson and presumably that information is made available to Davis. He can then assess it and act if *he thinks* it's necessary.

Of course I knew who Pearson was. In the initial link I gave Davis clearly says that Sellars is just helping Matt out with his analysis.

It really boils down to whether you think Steve Davis is a liar or not. I don't. It's that simple.
You've literally lifted this straight from the two articles without displaying any understanding as you've conflated scouting with analysts and analysis.

Anyhow, you've clearly got no understanding of how a football club works so I'll leave it there.

Happy to explain it to you in simple terms via DM if you want to continue this.

I suspect we are hanging on for Lopetegui. It’s either that of Jeff is clinically insane.

The problem with this master stroke is that the club is festering and stagnating while we wait. The longer we wait the shorter Lopetegui’s tenure is likely to be. I wonder what the odds are in us sacking Lopetegui this season?

Why not appoint him part time now to oversee things and advise on the strategy for the January window while keeping Steve for the managerial ceremonies until 2023?

Why not appoint him part time now to oversee things and advise on the strategy for the January window while keeping Steve for the managerial ceremonies until 2023?

Because you can't 'part-time manage' a PL team? Because this Lopetegui fixation is all one-sided and delusional? Because Jeff doesn't have any kind of agreement from him, the guy doesn't want to manage us full time or part time now or in a few months, and Jeff is just pissing in the wind as he has no other ideas and Scott is too busy managing the first team to contribute any?

I suspect we are hanging on for Lopetegui. It’s either that of Jeff is clinically insane.

The problem with this master stroke is that the club is festering and stagnating while we wait. The longer we wait the shorter Lopetegui’s tenure is likely to be. I wonder what the odds are in us sacking Lopetegui this season?

Whilst I think you are correct re Lopetegui, I doubt they have any guarantee from him and even if they did it's not worth anything. You'd be waiting on 2 things, his father to die/health improve and then him eventually coming. I have absolute confidence he's not coming to us 5 or 6 points off safety.

As for your final paragraph, he could give the input he'd get in the January window in half an hour as could any other manager, hence one of the reasons Beale knocked us back

Either that or waiting to be sold.

clutching at straws for some positivity here, perhaps they are waiting to see who is no longer in european competitions?
Read something the other day that a journo was spinning to say Amorin hadn't ruled us out, though reading the actual article it sounded very much to me that he was happy and comfortable where he is!

You've literally lifted this straight from the two articles without displaying any understanding as you've conflated scouting with analysts and analysis.

Anyhow, you've clearly got no understanding of how a football club works so I'll leave it there.

Happy to explain it to you in simple terms via DM if you want to continue this.
Make your mind up. First you say I've lifted straight from the Matt Pearson article (where he details his role as a 'performance analyst') then say I've conflated it with scouting. Scouting, as I understand it, is assessing individual players suitability for purchase by the club. None of which I mentioned. The general examples I tried to give are very much part (however small) of the role of an analyst.

Regardless, in simple terms, being one source of data or analysis as part of Matt Pearson's team does not equate to picking the team, or deciding on substitutions or tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back