• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance that appointment will happen . Hardly a wet week in the door at Q P R .

Just googled him and he was born on the very same day I was, so I'll accept his appointment on this basis.
He is exactly a month younger than me (as are you). It’s a sign I’m old when Wolves managers are becoming younger than me!

To be honest, whoever we get in is going to be a risk: even Nuno. And whilst part of me would like a safe pair of hands who knows the players and club inside out, part of me is also excited by an up and coming coach…
I felt excited when we appointed Mark McGhee.

Can't see it with Beale, far too big a risk and too early in his management career. Heck the Reading management team has practically the same record this season and more experience, and no one is advocating for a Paul Ince/Alex Rae dream team return.

Wouldn’t mind Beale, would prefer Vinny K though and surprised we haven’t had a look at him.

Why are some getting excited about this? An unknown with no playing career who has largely worked as an assistant and now had a go at management (14 games) and speaks Portuguese. Smacks of Lage only he's at QPR in the Championship not Benfica. I hope this is bullshit. Lopetegui to Nuno to Beale? Fuck off

Why are some getting excited about this? An unknown with no playing career who has largely worked as an assistant and now had a go at management (14 games) and speaks Portuguese. Smacks of Lage only he's at QPR in the Championship not Benfica. I hope this is bullshit. Lopetegui to Nuno to Beale? Fuck off
What Kenny says plus he’s highly thought of apparently. Bruno Lage was not highly thought of in the game and his man management is terrible. So if he’s a decent man manager as well as having good tactical/coaching credentials then that’s a good appointment.

I can’t really have an opinion on him as I don’t know enough about him other than hearing about him being the mastermind for Gerrard. I did the same with Lage and only went anti after he proved he was shit.

Is that it? We could make a cheeky bid for Michael Flynn or maybe Brucie, no compo, that would irritate our super agent friend!

The mastermind for Gerrard? Winning a 2 horse race in Scotland before coming to the Premier League and being distinctly average at best?

I don't understand the need to have a playing career. As an Italian fan I would've thought both Sarri and Sacchi disprove this nonsense.

Beale is also the opposite of Lage in that players seem to like him.

I agree with the lack of managerial experience bit not Lage at all.

The mastermind for Gerrard? Winning a 2 horse race in Scotland before coming to the Premier League and being distinctly average at best?
If we went for big Ange would you think the same?

Highly thought of and liked as an assistant. 14 or 15 games as a manager so far, very small sample size, lets revisit 100 games down the line. We're not in a position to piss around with experiments on unknowns.

Big Ange at least has a lot more experience as a manager at various clubs but no, I don't read too much into success with the Old Firm. Maybe we could go for Neil Lennon?

Knowing Shi he'd appoint the wrong Beale and get Richard in currently caretaking at the Albion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back