• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what I will say is it’s a bit left field and inventive for our lot, so probably won’t happen…

I'm genuinely curious what Solbakken would do with this group.

God, I've been dying on the Solbakken hill for, what, ten years?? Christ.

I don’t dislike Solbakken but he’d take us down if he joined now.
I don't think that's a sure thing, definitely a possibility though.

I'm genuinely curious what Solbakken would do with this group.

God, I've been dying on the Solbakken hill for, what, ten years?? Christ.
The issue he had is the same I'd worry about Beale..respect. Solbakken tried to be Johnny big bollocks and they weren't having it

The issue he had is the same I'd worry about Beale..respect. Solbakken tried to be Johnny big bollocks and they weren't having it
Call me crazy, but I think our dressing room now is likely a smidge easier to work with than Hennessey, Henry, Johnson, et al.

Want to be clear that I'm not seriously asking us to look at Solbakken. And I'm likely remembering him with rose colored glasses a bit. He was a legend in my eyes the minute he punched a hole in our dugout.

Don't know if it was so much respect as they just didn't like him, or at least his ideas but that would've soon transferred to the man when he refused to compromise.

And after a bit of googling he’s coached a lot of young talent and is given a fair amount of credit for their development. Hmmmm…
So the English Lage but without a league title win...

So the English Lage but without a league title win...

He has lots of tactical books out and talks tactics on Twitter instead (he might want to close that account down if he becomes Wolves manager)

Don't know if it was so much respect as they just didn't like him, or at least his ideas but that would've soon transferred to the man when he refused to compromise.
His issue was he needed to take a rump of players with him at least for season 1. Telling them he'd not heard of any of them and they needed to show him who they were wasn't the smartest opening gambit. Effectively telling Kightly who was very popular in the dressing room to do one only added to that

His issue was he needed to take a rump of players with him at least for season 1. Telling them he'd not heard of any of them and they needed to show him who they were wasn't the smartest opening gambit. Effectively telling Kightly who was very popular in the dressing room to do one only added to that
Did he really do these things?!! Bloody hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back