• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s having a dig at a lack of leadership as well as players with one eye on leaving then it doesn’t paint Neves in a great light.
Traore, Moutinho, Neves and Costa would all fit into that category. Jonny has had a couple of games when his effort has been less than 100%

If he’s having a dig at a lack of leadership as well as players with one eye on leaving then it doesn’t paint Neves in a great light.
you could include others in that too , such as Jonny and Jiminez , maybe Semedo and Moutinho too .

The second column in as many weeks from JP which has the players don't give a fuck vibes. I think today will go a long way to showing whether he's right.
https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...l-moment---nows-the-time-for-real-leadership/
I don't get that from the article. More a case of rudderless leadership and players being told they're going by an incompetent management structure letting an agent take control.

It reads like this is all on Shi and a real dig at his quality as CEO.

Last edited:
I drew it from this

Inside the dressing room there is another issue. There are no natural leaders emerging in the absence of some big personalities who left during the summer.
There are also several players who know they have no long-term future here, be that down to their age, length of contract or likely sale.
Which makes it that little bit harder to envisage any tub-thumping speeches from the trenches

Having caught up on the last few pages I have no fucking idea what either of you are on about.
Tbf that's my take on at least 50% of posts, but then I'm a bit dim so just assume it's going over my head.

Dunno if its been mentioned already but Michael Beale has been talked about. Saw a piece about him a few weeks ago, looks to have a decent coaching background and highly rated, certainly talks a good game. Too early in his career for us?

Dunno if its been mentioned already but Michael Beale has been talked about. Saw a piece about him a few weeks ago, looks to have a decent coaching background and highly rated, certainly talks a good game. Too early in his career for us?

Maybe, carries some risk, but would be exciting and pretty forward thinking for the current bunch we have in charge!

Certainly Gerrard looks lost without him although not sure if that's causation or coincidence. Would he command the respect of the dressing room though? I think we can all agree that whoever gets the job needs to hit the ground running

Pretty much the brains behind Rangers title win. QPR play some lovely stuff currently under him aswell.

It's a massive risk that I'm not sure I'd take given where we are at the moment.

Beale would be way too much of a risk given our position. That's why Nuno is now our first choice, because it SHOULD be a safe pair of hands to ensure safety.

Beale seems to have suddenly shot up the odds. 2nd favourite I think now?

It would be a risk but I’d be happy with him. Would he leave QPR already though?

It'd be a brave appointment but very risky.

He’s certainly very highly rated and QPR play lovely, free flowing stuff. Could be a smart but risky appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back