• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record - I did not say that we should pursue Emery , or indeed that he would come , I'm just using him as an example of the kind of experience I would like to help us out of the situation we find ourselves in .
Secondly - I did not say Amorim would definitely not work ( please read my post ) , I said that he might , but I was questioning the risk , that's it .
It's the same with Beale - there is a big gamble with someone of his ilk as well - can we afford that gamble is the issue .

In many respects it's a fascinating debate - but unfortunately we have little time for debate , we need a Manager .

The ' preferred candidate ' that has cropped up in tweets ( if it can be believed ) , is another interesting one . Are they waiting for someone who can only start in November/December ?
If they are hoping that Steve Davis etc can get enough points between now and mid November to keep us 15th/16th , before said ' preferred candidate ' arrives , then that's another big gamble .

Maybe Amorim gets sacked next week and he walks in to us 5 days later - who knows .

You'd seriously turn your nose up at Amorim?
No - it might work ( that's what I posted ) . I am simply questioning the risk if there is a more experienced person out there who will come .

May be no one is out there - in which case it might well be Amorim .

No - it might work ( that's what I posted ) . I am simply questioning the risk if there is a more experienced person out there who will come .

May be no one is out there - in which case it might well be Amorim .
So, you want somebody experienced.

Step forward Bruce and Dyche...

I wonder if we want Edwards in as one of Beale's assistants
It seems we definitely want him on the coaching team in a permanent role. So not linked with the Head Coach as such but Head Coach leaves/is sacked he steps up into the interim role during the search to find a new one. A less angry version of Duncan Ferguson.

Guess it comes down to what he wants to do. The role would offer some security or after FGR and his 15 mins at Watford does want to remain the main man. Boro have interviewed him but are clearly not that keen on him. and surely Albion will want to speak with him (don't do it Rob)

So, you want somebody experienced.

Step forward Bruce and Dyche...
Experienced in performing well in various leagues and cups at a high level - and who clearly isn't past it .

I did not say we should pursue him , I was just using him as an example of the experience we might need . But you knew that anyway .
I genuinely didn't. What is the point of giving an example of someone who is unattainable? You may as well say Pep or Klopp if you are playing fantasy manager

I genuinely didn't. What is the point of giving an example of someone who is unattainable? You may as well say Pep or Klopp if you are playing fantasy manager

Exactly. If you say 'A ham sandwich is the kind of sandwich I could really go for', then why go all weird when someone presumes you actually want a ham sandwich :D

It is a bit weird isn’t it? No comment on the whys and wherefores but if you’d told me on the day of his tin tack that two weeks post-Bruno it would still appear that we were in the earlier stages of recruitment ( I know, I know we thought we’d got Lopetegui) I’d definitely have been surprised.

It is a bit weird isn’t it? No comment on the whys and wherefores but if you’d told me on the day of his tin tack that two weeks post-Bruno it would still appear that we were in the earlier stages of recruitment ( I know, I know we thought we’d got Lopetegui) I’d definitely have been surprised.
We are doing the right thing at the moment, with regards to ensuring we get who we think is the best man for the job BUT the same process should have been ran alongside the talks with Lopetegui not after, especially as he was at best 50/50 to join us.

It was reported that we had began to look at names after the City game, presume that list got lost in Scott's drawer or something.

As if Scott can use a drawer, a pen or even paper.
Poor Scott. Where does he file those reports that Jeff gets him to read and confirm what Jorge is saying is correct

Poor Scott. Where does he file those reports that Jeff gets him to read and confirm what Jorge is saying is correct
QszKWizf8cph.gif

Maybe he is attainable........who knows ?

I have no idea . Have we even asked ?

Right now the list of people who are not in a job , and who therefore can be approached , is quite small , and in a lot of cases - not the kind of person we would be interested in ( exception being Gallardo , Martins possibly) .

Most of our targets are probably in jobs .

Every manager presently in a job is technically attainable at the right price , will they come ? That's the hard part .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back