• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most managers would be happy to have Nunes (used correctly!), Collins (you wouldn't lose the depth at CH, anyone good would have kept at least ONE of Coady/Boly/Saiss) and Kalajdzic (his injury was just unfortunate) handed to them. Bouba looks a good player too.

Guedes and Hwang, less so.

Not sure on Kalajdzic myself, gives me Weghorst vibes but again I agree in principle, it's just that some managers want to bring in their own players.

Not sure on Kalajdzic myself, gives me Weghorst vibes but again I agree in principle, it's just that some managers want to bring in their own players.
Sasa is a much better footballer than Weghorst.

Not convinced Lage would have got anything out of him, he'd have lumped it at him which isn't his game. But he's a good player.

Everyone is speculating what might have happened, what might have been said but we don't know and will most likely never know. I'm as disappointed as most but we draw a line under it and go again.
Nah, not here we don't. We bitch and moan and hold grudges...

Even though it's been posted that he'd agreed to terms (so he'd agreed to what Jeff had sold him) and its QPR (who are not short of a bob or two) who changed his mind, you're still proceeding with your Jeff agenda?
As the guy in The Mirror said when we were rejected by Lopetegui, Wolves have a lot of bad luck made possible by their own decisions.

Sasa is a much better footballer than Weghorst.

Not convinced Lage would have got anything out of him, he'd have lumped it at him which isn't his game. But he's a good player.

I've only seen limited amounts, saw him against Scotland and bits of Bundesliga games that were on sky so my knowledge of him isn't great. I will say he looked very passive against Soton but our tactics consisted of lamping it at him against 2 center halves so it's harsh.

Even though it's been posted that he'd agreed to terms (so he'd agreed to what Jeff had sold him) and its QPR (who are not short of a bob or two) who changed his mind, you're still proceeding with your Jeff agenda?
Absolutely I am. You say ‘agenda’ as if it’s a a bad thing. He’s crap and people need to stop defending him.

If he’d agreed to what Jeff sold him, he’d be our manager now. He didn’t and he isn’t.

It seems he was all for coming until Jeff tried to sell it to him (and it was utterly insane of Jeff try to recruit a manager with less than 20 games experience anyway).

I'm not surprised for a number of reasons, but as someone pointed out last night QPR being top of the league is a great headline, but they are also 3 points off being out of the play offs, so the probability is there's a greater chance he'd be in the PL with us next year than them.
If last night was what's tipped the balance then we've been killed by our own tardiness and should have made an approach on Monday or Tuesday to remove that possibility

I'm not surprised for a number of reasons, but as someone pointed out last night QPR being top of the league is a great headline, but they are also 3 points off being out of the play offs, so the probability is there's a greater chance he'd be in the PL with us next year than them.
If last night was what's tipped the balance then we've been killed by our own tardiness and should have made an approach on Monday or Tuesday to remove that possibility

If he gets them into the playoffs he's done a great job. They won't be near the top come the last quarter.

As he's apparently the only man on the entire planet who actually wants the job, hard to see past us going for Nuno out of sheer desperation by this point.

You do realise bookies are only trying to make money on any outcome.
Yes I understand how bookmakers work, having been employed by the parent organisation of one in a past life. Suspending a market is an absolute last resort to manage risk. They would not have done so if they weren't 99% certain that Beale was over the line.

They have access to better sources than Romano, Percy et al. They have the capital to facilitate those links. The fact that they suspended indicates that at some point today, he was definitely coming. No clue what happened to change things.

Yes I understand how bookmakers work, having been employed by the parent organisation of one in a past life. Suspending a market is an absolute last resort to manage risk. They would not have done so if they weren't 99% certain that Beale was over the line.

They have access to better sources than Romano, Percy et al. They have the capital to facilitate those links. The fact that they suspended indicates that at some point today, he was definitely coming. No clue what happened to change things.
Maybe Beale lumped his payrise from Les Ferdinand on another candidate at his local Willy Hills 😂

Absolutely I am. You say ‘agenda’ as if it’s a a bad thing. He’s crap and people need to stop defending him.

If he’d agreed to what Jeff sold him, he’d be our manager now. He didn’t and he isn’t.

It seems he was all for coming until Jeff tried to sell it to him (and it was utterly insane of Jeff try to recruit a manager with less than 20 games experience anyway).
How do you know any of this? You've already seen this :

Queens Park Rangers persuade Michael Beale to stay and reject Wolves. Personal terms were agreed and Beale was set to leave, but after extensive talks with Les Ferdinand - he is now staying with QPR - who went top of the Championship on Wednesday.

"It seems he was all for coming until Jeff tried to sell it to him" Go on then, how do you know that

The Championship is an even bigger dumpster fire than usual this season.

Blackburn are second and have already lost seven times this season, Preston are 9tth and have scored the same amount of goals. I'd be very surprised if QPR go up, but we're a bit of a mess and taking over a team who can't score any goals is probably a bigger risk to his future prospects than staying at the Super Hoops.

Well that was a fun ten page read.

Shambles, farce, embarrassment, joke of a club, Shi and Sellars should be resigning today. Imagine being that shit at your job ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back