• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/24/met-police-refer-arrest-woman-bus-fare-child-iopc

the met is full of cunts really. I mean, hardly a proportionate response. Also, with oyster/contactless, who has tickets nowadays?

90 year old woman with dementia handcuffed and put in a spit hood by six Met officers. They do a dangerous job though. Officer safety and all that. Cunts.

This latest Beano bollocks, I’ve still got annuals from the sixties, give me that non pc stuff any day of the week, it’s a comic FFS!

This latest Beano bollocks, I’ve still got annuals from the sixties, give me that non pc stuff any day of the week, it’s a comic FFS!
I've got a couple of Wizard annuals from the 30s. There is a lot of content in those that reflects old colonial attitudes. I wouldn't want to see those 'values' returned. The Wizard was a comic ffs...

I've got a couple of Wizard annuals from the 30s. There is a lot of content in those that reflects old colonial attitudes. I wouldn't want to see those 'values' returned. The Wizard was a comic ffs...
Not sure a 10 yr old kid took those ‘values’ seriously.

I'm sure a lot of things you are told or read as a child influence future attitudes...

I had Warlord comic and was a Warlord secret agent as well, never influenced me to follow a career in espionage :)

Applied for a remortgage last week and had the decision in principle and initial phone conversation with the advisor last Friday, all went swimmingly, no hassle at all. Got a link to upload my latest payslip on the same day, all done straight away. The actual appointment is at 09:30 tomorrow morning, everything is ready and I have the day booked off and house to myself so no interruptions. Then I get an email through at 18:00 today asking me to upload my contract of employment, like why the fuck are you asking me for that now? Now I've finished work and gone home? I don't have a copy here so that's my appointment fucked in the morning. Why leave it until the night before to ask for that you cunts?

I'm sure a lot of things you are told or read as a child influence future attitudes...
Agree up to a point but I think a child’s values and philosophy is influenced by its parents more than a comic.

Yeah, good old fashioned, harmless bantz. Spadger's Isle ran in the Wizard from 1931 to 1950...

Screenshot_20230727_190504_Chrome.jpg

How could I possibly argue with such an extreme example, I would imagine I wasn’t even born when that was being read.
My argument was that even though I read the Beano, Dandy and Victor in the sixties I grew up to be a lifelong left of centre Labour voter and trade unionist not Jeremy Clarkson.
I still read cowboy books and Second World War fiction on my kindle as I frazzle by the hotel pool.
I did read Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky but it was so long winded and he has to be the king of digression.

The sheer volume of scam calls coming through lately. It’s got to the point where I very rarely answer my phone any more, they’re daily and multiple times a day.

Oh and while I’m here, British Gas can get to fuck putting my monthly bill up by £42 to £227 because “I don’t pay enough”. There’s never any cunt in the house these days, how the fuck do I need to pay more you fucking robbing bastards?

Octopus put our monthly bill up from £100 to £750. I forgot I'd been running the heating full blast 24/7 - no wonder I'm hot. Dweebs

On the plus side, EDF have just reduced my dual energy monthly payment from £183 to £144.

On the plus side, EDF have just reduced my dual energy monthly payment from £183 to £144.
Green Energy reduced mine too. Plus they allowed me to switch to a slightly cheaper tariff (not fixed).

Some idiot just smashed into a parked car and rolled their car about 30 yards from my front door. I've now got police cars and a car hoisting lorry thing right next door. At 1am. Champion.

Some idiot just smashed into a parked car and rolled their car about 30 yards from my front door. I've now got police cars and a car hoisting lorry thing right next door. At 1am. Champion.
I had similar last year. Someone speeding round the bend just before my house and lost it and hit a parked car. He managed to drive it away slowly into town, and they found it burnt out. Caught him though. Drug dealer and got 6 years.

Back