• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

They don't really do curry sauce as we know it.

When I'm bigging up Germany, cuisine is a long way down the pecking order...
Was at a beer festival at the weekend (Peakender - superb) and had a currywurst and fries (no bun) and yeah, it was more of a curry ketchup than a curry sauce. Pickles and sour kraut really set if off beautifully 👌

Needs to be egg fried rice for the perfect dish of half and half but boiled is still acceptable.

The jelly holiday regular is fish, chips, mushy peas, AND gravy!
Was gonna try that, but they're out of gravy, so curry sauce instead.
Medium cod, medium chips, peas, curry sauce = £12.40 at Oh My Cod...

The jelly holiday regular is fish, chips, mushy peas, AND gravy!

Best chippy round my way, George's Tradition (or at least the artist formally known as such), do standard meals as whatever main with chips and sauce. I'm a simple salt and vinegar with fish and chips so whenever me and my partner go we order one with peas, one with gravy and she gets to double up, happy as a pig in muck!

Was gonna try that, but they're out of gravy, so curry sauce instead.
Medium cod, medium chips, peas, curry sauce = £12.40 at Oh My Cod...
£12.40???????????????

What are the chips made of? Panda??

Mushy peas?! Come on now, that's rank. I prefer my food to not be pre-chewed if it's all the same thanks...

They don't really do curry sauce as we know it.

When I'm bigging up Germany, cuisine is a long way down the pecking order...
Watcha on about, German food is great, not as good as Italian but at least as good the overrated French cuisine.

I think I'd know :D

I didn't dislike it over there by any means but it's very samey, they don't really do spice properly and it's a lot better now but 20 years ago you'd really have struggled as a non-meat eater.

Best kebabs you'll ever have though.

I can take or leave French food. All fur coat and no knickers.

Best chippy round my way, George's Tradition (or at least the artist formally known as such), do standard meals as whatever main with chips and sauce. I'm a simple salt and vinegar with fish and chips so whenever me and my partner go we order one with peas, one with gravy and she gets to double up, happy as a pig in muck!
Yep, I drive 10mins or so to Chellaston for a George's rather than the more local ones

.... beans on toast night tonight. :(
Could I suggest a recent find... a couple of teaspoons of tandoory curry powder stirred into your beans and just let it stew a little. Lovely with a crispy battered fish!

I think I'd know :D

I didn't dislike it over there by any means but it's very samey, they don't really do spice properly and it's a lot better now but 20 years ago you'd really have struggled as a non-meat eater.

Best kebabs you'll ever have though.

I can take or leave French food. All fur coat and no knickers.
Not everything needs to spiced, I agree its not up to much if your a veggie but they do great sauces, also some nice salad dressings if you're into that kind of thing😄

Back