• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

What the absolute fucking fuck is this?!

View attachment 9075

I refuse to ever link to vile sites such as the Heil so I've just copied this image - it really fucks me off that they try to spin everything onto 'wokery'

Ah, we really should miss those days of 'men being real men', whistling at fit birds walking past, smoking like chimneys, putting loads of sugar in tea and coffee etc etc.

Does my fucking nut in - piss off.
Yep, the self portrayed macho (just being lads) image of the construction industry is a challenge I face everyday when trying to present better alternatives. Oh, I must add that I'm a wishy washy left wing wokist as well...

History buffs know the sort of cunts behind the Heil in previous decades I suspect

Went shopping early this morning to avoid the inevitable rush during the day. I didn't park in the nearest bays but away a little leaving the nearer bays for later arrivals.

Come back to the car, empty bays as far as the eye can see and two wankers had parked either side of me, on an angle so you couldn't open the front doors. What the fuck is wrong with people?!

Shite parking aside, I think people think safety in numbers when they park near a car when there are a hundred empty spaces elsewhere. Park on their own and they probably think an easy target for thieves....you obviously don't give a shit about your car and want it stolen....so they are protecting you...

Shite parking aside, I think people think safety in numbers when they park near a car when there are a hundred empty spaces elsewhere. Park on their own and they probably think an easy target for thieves....you obviously don't give a shit about your car and want it stolen....so they are protecting you...
I drive a Dacia so no one gives a shit about it!

Went shopping early this morning to avoid the inevitable rush during the day. I didn't park in the nearest bays but away a little leaving the nearer bays for later arrivals.

Come back to the car, empty bays as far as the eye can see and two wankers had parked either side of me, on an angle so you couldn't open the front doors. What the fuck is wrong with people?!

I had to go out for medicine in the snow once. Big car park, loads of spaces albeit no white lines. Came out of the chemist to find a bloke trying to park next to me and slipping and sliding all over the place. He just about managed it without hitting my vehicle and left his car about about a foot away from my drivers side door. He got out the car and said "phew that was close - I thought I was going to crash into your car!"

I'm sure @Kenny will pipe up that he was saving my car from another arsehole coming along and not managing to negotiate parking next to me as well as he did, and actually hitting it.

I'm sure @Kenny will pipe up that he was saving my car from another arsehole coming along and not managing to negotiate parking next to me as well as he did, and actually hitting it.
I will pipe up but to call him an uber twat.

People can be as thick as shit.

It's one of my biggest pet hates.

People can be as thick as shit.

It's one of my biggest pet hates.
Fully agree.

I have no real clue why they do it, no logic in "oooh 20 spaces but 1 car in the middle of the row....will park right next to that one"

Last edited:
A combination of things:

1) having a deadline on the 27th of December
2) catching COVID or the flu on Sunday
3) getting zero hint of “no get your rest” when mentioning I’ve tried (pretty fucking unsuccessfully) to just power through it.

I get that things need due dates, but just sitting here I feel like I might keel over. I hate the expectation that the due date comes first.

A combination of things:

3) getting zero hint of “no get your rest” when mentioning I’ve tried (pretty fucking unsuccessfully) to just power through it.

I get that things need due dates, but just sitting here I feel like I might keel over. I hate the expectation that the due date comes first.
Different attitude to illness in the US too isn't it?

Although, in the situation you talk of it'd be the same here.

A combination of things:

Different attitude to illness in the US too isn't it?

Although, in the situation you talk of it'd be the same here.
I'm blessed in that my immediate coworkers also think the situation is fucked, but it's just so frustrating to not receive the same from the actual client. Exacerbated by how unbelievably handicapped I feel at the moment.

I've only had COVID the one other time; this has been way worse than that.

Booked Ryanair flights from Belfast to Alicante on Jan 1st. (Got to sort out legal stuff to do with Jane's mum.
Flights from Dublin were over €1,000! but from Belfast it was £301!!
But as you're not allowed to stand and we need to take stuff, seats and bags came to an extra £314!! Fuck's sake!
Good thing though was the car hire... €29 for a Citroen C3 for 4 days! (€91 with full cover for everything)

TBF you only pay for seats if you choose where you want to sit. Hold baggage is always extra (even Cathay Pacific long haul), carry on bag charges are based on size.

I fly regularly with Easyjet and pay an annual fee of a couple of hundred quid for Easyjet plus. That gives me for all flights free seat choice, small and large cabin bags, speedy boarding and fast track through CSA.

Very late to Wolf Hunting's railway book issue and it's probably no longer relevant, but... books are not exempt from customs tax and or duty. They are classified as items of commercial value and not as personal correspondence so therefore CN22's and eCustoms data needs applying. The fact is a 'gift' or book that's been previously paid for and sent to a mate is a slightly different issue and one that's a very grey area [because etailers would just send stuff as gifts if the loopholes were not closed].

This is the 'official' stuff:

Sending items from the UK to the EU will require a CN22 or CN23 Customs Declarations and electronic customs data and an S10 barcode from 1st Jan 2021.

For further guidance please see below: DefinitionCustoms and VAT rules*
Items containing only Personal Correspondence
DOES NOT REQUIRE A CN22 or CN23
Items sent and addressed to an individual
Letters, postcards, braille letters, individual invoices/statements. Items such as a university prospectus/brochures/catalogues sent with a personalised covering letter addressed to the individual enclosed.
No CN22 or CN23 required
Items of Non -Personal Correspondence
REQUIRES A CN22 or CN23, Electronic customs data and S10 barcode
Anything that does not fall into the category above and is purchased / sold / gifted / sent free of charge or is a sample - including , periodicals, bulk sets of blank forms (such as invoices and statements), stationery, maps, books, posters, tickets to events, gift vouchers DVDs, CDs (with commercially created films, games, music and software) etc. The CN22 or CN23 must show a value according to customs rules. If there is a transaction value (i.e. goods are bought/sold) then that will normally be the value used – otherwise refer to valuation information on www.gov.uk
Printed items sent as part of a mailing campaign addressed to an individual without a personalised covering letter enclosed or without any personalised text visible through or on the wrapping of the item. Whilst the item may not have been purchased a value still needs to be declared (i.e. printing/production per item cost). Items cannot be declared as having no commercial value or with a value of zero.
CN22 for items valued up to £270
CN23 for items of £270 and over or if the item contains more content items than can be listed on the CN22.
NB For EU items under €22 (inc cost of postage & compensation) will not attract VAT until 1st July 2021 (date subject to change by the EU)

Very late to Wolf Hunting's railway book issue and it's probably no longer relevant, but... books are not exempt from customs tax and or duty. They are classified as items of commercial value and not as personal correspondence so therefore CN22's and eCustoms data needs applying. The fact is a 'gift' or book that's been previously paid for and sent to a mate is a slightly different issue and one that's a very grey area [because etailers would just send stuff as gifts if the loopholes were not closed].

This is the 'official' stuff:

Sending items from the UK to the EU will require a CN22 or CN23 Customs Declarations and electronic customs data and an S10 barcode from 1st Jan 2021.

For further guidance please see below: DefinitionCustoms and VAT rules*
Items containing only Personal Correspondence
DOES NOT REQUIRE A CN22 or CN23
Items sent and addressed to an individual
Letters, postcards, braille letters, individual invoices/statements. Items such as a university prospectus/brochures/catalogues sent with a personalised covering letter addressed to the individual enclosed.
No CN22 or CN23 required
Items of Non -Personal Correspondence
REQUIRES A CN22 or CN23, Electronic customs data and S10 barcode
Anything that does not fall into the category above and is purchased / sold / gifted / sent free of charge or is a sample - including , periodicals, bulk sets of blank forms (such as invoices and statements), stationery, maps, books, posters, tickets to events, gift vouchers DVDs, CDs (with commercially created films, games, music and software) etc. The CN22 or CN23 must show a value according to customs rules. If there is a transaction value (i.e. goods are bought/sold) then that will normally be the value used – otherwise refer to valuation information on www.gov.uk
Printed items sent as part of a mailing campaign addressed to an individual without a personalised covering letter enclosed or without any personalised text visible through or on the wrapping of the item. Whilst the item may not have been purchased a value still needs to be declared (i.e. printing/production per item cost). Items cannot be declared as having no commercial value or with a value of zero.
CN22 for items valued up to £270
CN23 for items of £270 and over or if the item contains more content items than can be listed on the CN22.
NB For EU items under €22 (inc cost of postage & compensation) will not attract VAT until 1st July 2021 (date subject to change by the EU)
Well that's kind clear, though there is an excerpt from the Revenue Commissioner Ireland) that does seem to state that printed matter inc books has a zero value. But you're very good to dig all of that out.

Back