• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I certainly agree that the subs were way too late to be effective. In his defence team wise when you have no Neves, Raul, Donk and Podence it's hard for this team.

I was referring more to external singings, and I’m not even sure he had a say. We (the club) wanted Hwang under Nuno.

But if Campbell and Chiquinho are better than them pair, what on Earth are we doing investing £40m and £8m In wages on them.
Don’t ask me, I would pay them them the loose change from my car

He’s still pretty inexperienced, hopefully he will learn.

Also when the only tools your given are Hwang and Trincao then you’re going to struggle. Particularly with limited availability
He really should stop picking them and when they're shit he should change them.

That's where he's wank.

Also Marçal, just why does he keep picking them all?

Sa is also regressing to the mean. I still think last weeks penalty was bollocks, but today's was like candy from a baby. How many is that he's given this season 4/5? Not saved any either. I like a keeper on the front foot, today was just silly though

He always goes early too. Makes the takers decision for them. I'd have to rematch but I think hes been sent the wrong way in every one.

Sa is also regressing to the mean. I still think last weeks penalty was bollocks, but today's was like candy from a baby. How many is that he's given this season 4/5? Not saved any either. I like a keeper on the front foot, today was just silly though
It’s sooooo stupid. How can he not learn? Everyone in the ground knows what’s going to happen except him.

I said it after the Alli one and got stick but this is the same. Don’t give the striker the opportunity when everyone in the ground knows they are going to kick it away from goal. If you don’t dive in they either get booked for diving or just kick the ball out of play.

Signing Hwang in January at the expense of another midfielder ranks as one of the worst recruitment decisions in my fifty years watching Wolves. I'll never understand why we paid £15m then when there was the option to see how he performs for half a season. He's so bad I doubt we could even sell him to Everton now for half of that £15m we paid as anyone with the gift of sight can see he's as close to being a PL footballer as any of us on here. Trincao's performance against Leeds says far more about Leeds than Trincao, he's feeble and uncommitted and worth about 1/10th of Traore. I'd rather we keep the latter for just a season than exchange him for the streak of weak piss that Trincao is. Lage is at fault for keeping them both on for so long as it was like playing with nine men.

He always goes early too. Makes the takers decision for them. I'd have to rematch but I think hes been sent the wrong way in every one.
Yep I have no faith in him saving a pen. I’ve thought the same thing that he’s gone the wrong way every time and never even had a sniff

Signing Hwang in January at the expense of another midfielder ranks as one of the worst recruitment decisions in my fifty years watching Wolves. I'll never understand why we paid £15m then when there was the option to see how he performs for half a season. He's so bad I doubt we could even sell him to Everton now for half of that £15m we paid as anyone with the gift of sight can see he's as close to being a PL footballer as any of us on
Not wishing to disappoint, but we haven't actually spent it yet, just committed ourselves to it

I'm just hoping we haven't actually signed something that means we have to buy Hwang

Not wishing to disappoint, but we haven't actually spent it yet, just committed ourselves to it
Committing to it means that money isn't available to spend elsewhere. I know Vitinha wasn't outstanding but at 21 he showed promise and had headroom to improve. Hwang is 26 and the only headroom he has to improve is down to the fact he is utterly fucking woeful. People joke about poor players being able to trap a ball further than they can kick it, in Hwang's case it's actually true.

A lot of Sa’s “wonder saves” would probably be made by 80% of premier league keepers.

He’s an international goalkeeper for fucks sake - he should be making saves.

His blunders would not be made by 80% of premier league keepers, however. Tonight’s was another that cost us a goal and, inevitably, the game.

He needs to stop costing us goals or this blowing smoke up the guys arse every week is going to run dry……

I'm just hoping we haven't actually signed something that means we have to buy Hwang
Given the way he was announced, i'm certain we have.

It made no sense at the time, and it makes no sense now.

Couple that with the Traore deal that was so heavily stacked in Barca's favour (to the extent that we all felt that it couldn't be true what the press were saying) Sellars and Shi need fucking off.

A lot of Sa’s “wonder saves” would probably be made by 80% of premier league keepers.

He’s an international goalkeeper for fucks sake - he should be making saves.

His blunders would not be made by 80% of premier league keepers, however. Tonight’s was another that cost us a goal and, inevitably, the game.

He needs to stop costing us goals or this blowing smoke up the guys arse every week is going to run dry……
He's not an international keeper.

Let's not not make out like the goal is purely on him tonight either.

From a shit Marcal cross, Trincao's fluffed opportunity to recycle, Boly getting done like a Sunday League trier to Coady/Kilman effectively surrending to Wood. It was shite pretty much from one end of the pitch to another, Sa no worse than any of those that preceded him in that chain.

Committing to it means that money isn't available to spend elsewhere. I know Vitinha wasn't outstanding but at 21 he showed promise and had headroom to improve. Hwang is 26 and the only headroom he has to improve is down to the fact he is utterly fucking woeful. People joke about poor players being able to trap a ball further than they can kick it, in Hwang's case it's actually true.
He has one quality, he's a decent finisher. We now don't get him into the box. It's comically awful

He’s still pretty inexperienced, hopefully he will learn.

Also when the only tools your given are Hwang and Trincao then you’re going to struggle. Particularly with limited availability
I don’t buy that. With respect to you.
I could have told him - any of us could have told him that a combination of Hwang, Trincao, and Silva had “nil” written all over it, against a poor team who were nevertheless at home and determined to fight for a result.
I’m no football manager but just consider a moment what those dreadful performances against Arsenal, West Ham, Palace ,Leeds, and now Newcastle have cost us.
This is not inexperienced management, it’s ineptitude.
He waves his arms about and shouts, but it’s his shite team selections that will cost us European football next season, and all the adverse consequences of that.
We really are at a crossroads here, and Bruno’s ineptitude is taking us down the wrong route, just at the crucial time.

It seems that a couple of you believe that Bruno deserves all the criticism when we lose, but deserves none of the credit when we win.

We were missing Neves (by far our best player) Raul, Donk (on the back of one his best performances), Semedo, Podence and we still don't have Neto back at full tilt.

Whilst i too wasn't happy with the lateness of the subs, we had a 19 year old Cundle making his 2 league appearance EVER playing CM tonight, criticising Bruno for tonight is just looking at the wrong person/people.

We haven't signed a central midfielder since the 9th of August 2018!!! That's approaching 4 fucking years ago!

Neto only fit for 20 mins apparently.

Should have played Campbell then. At least looks like he knows how to play.

Back