• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It seems that a couple of you believe that Bruno deserves all the criticism when we lose, but deserves none of the credit when we win.

We were missing Neves (by far our best player) Raul, Donk (on the back of one his best performances), Semedo, Podence and we still don't have Neto back at full tilt.

Whilst i too wasn't happy with the lateness of the subs, we had a 19 year old Cundle making his 2 league appearance EVER playing CM tonight, criticising Bruno for tonight is just looking at the wrong person/people.

We haven't signed a central midfielder since the 9th of August 2018!!! That's approaching 4 fucking years ago!
Another CM is undoubtedly necessary but that doesn't change the fact that the performances of Hwang and Trincao in the first half rate as two of the worst by Wolves players I can recall. To just accept that and not change things means Lage deserves to be criticised.

The penalty is another that the striker buys and it’s not over turned as it’s not clear and obvious . Sa also moves too early on pens . He never gets close . There is little positive to take from tonight.

It seems that a couple of you believe that Bruno deserves all the criticism when we lose, but deserves none of the credit when we win.

We were missing Neves (by far our best player) Raul, Donk (on the back of one his best performances), Semedo, Podence and we still don't have Neto back at full tilt.

Whilst i too wasn't happy with the lateness of the subs, we had a 19 year old Cundle making his 2 league appearance EVER playing CM tonight, criticising Bruno for tonight is just looking at the wrong person/people.

We haven't signed a central midfielder since the 9th of August 2018!!! That's approaching 4 fucking years ago!
I think he does get credit when we win doesn't he? Certainly I do appreciate it when he gets it right, but there have been half dozen occasions when he's made weird tactical decisions, both from the start of games and with his subs. He's also made some baffling selection choices at times. I didn't know what to expect at the start of the season, now nearly at the end of the season, I'm still not sure.
On Sa, he's rash, no doubt about it, but it's 2 penalties isn't it? I'm not having the Villa one against him.

Another CM is undoubtedly necessary but that doesn't change the fact that the performances of Hwang and Trincao in the first half rate as two of the worst by Wolves players I can recall. To just accept that and not change things means Lage deserves to be criticised.
He does, but nowhere to the same extent as those that control the purse strings/recruitment, with added depth in CM we'd be in a much stronger position in the league, regardless of how slow Lage can be to make subs.

He drags his foot to initiate the contact and I hate it, but it's given as a pen every time in the modern game, Sa has to learn he can't do that.
Overall I still think Sa has been a positive signing.
Interesting on the former. Forest player did exactly the same against Liverpool in the cup. No penalty..

He does, but nowhere to the same extent as those that control the purse strings/recruitment, with added depth in CM we'd be in a much stronger position in the league, regardless of how slow Lage can be to make subs.
It can be both can't it?

I think he does get credit when we win doesn't he? Certainly I do appreciate it when he gets it right, but there have been half dozen occasions when he's made weird tactical decisions, both from the start of games and with his subs. He's also made some baffling selection choices at times. I didn't know what to expect at the start of the season, now nearly at the end of the season, I'm still not sure.
On Sa, he's rash, no doubt about it, but it's 2 penalties isn't it? I'm not having the Villa one against him.
I did say couple of people. There are people on here tonight suggesting we should get rid of him! It's as if we are in a 5 game losing streak when i see stuff like that. Not 8th in the league with a massive buffer to 9th, having just done the double over our local rivals with a very good performance.

My thoughts are that because we draw so infrequently, there can be many more flippant, over the top reactions from the fans than there would be if we'd drawn against Leeds, Villa and Newcastle.

Yet we'd have exactly the same amount of points.

Haven't loads of people been shouting for Cundle over the last few weeks ??
Yep. Standard one performance he looked ‘ok’ means he’s the answer. He’s not. He will have a decent career in league 1 etc. that’s not a knock at him, but he’s not going to be a CM in a top 10 prem team

I did say couple of people. There are people on here tonight suggesting we should get rid of him! It's as if we are in a 5 game losing streak when i see stuff like that. Not 8th in the league with a massive buffer to 9th, having just done the double over our local rivals with a very good performance.

My thoughts are that because we draw so infrequently, there can be many more flippant, over the top reactions from the fans than there would be if we'd drawn against Leeds, Villa and Newcastle.

Yet we'd have exactly the same amount of points.
I'm with TT that I wouldn't care a jot if he went.

My worry is who the fuckwits Shi and Sellars would replace him with.

Those two are far more important to get rid of than Lage imo.

At times like tonight yes, but the frustrating thing is we've played some lovely stuff at other times.

Yeah, but there is far more criticism of Lage tonight than there is for the board, there's only me moaning about the board I think?
Most people have said we needed a CM. Cundle was much better in the second half after a tepid at best first half display. But I don't have a problem with the board for that.

I do have a problem with Sellars and Shi buying wankers like Hwank and Trincao. They are fucking abysmal footballers.

And I have a problem with Bruno picking them. That's on him and he deserves every thing he gets for it.

How many times, when we play on the front foot and have a quick tempo we look good and are a match for nearly anyone, when it's passive and slow we look shit and generally lose.

He keeps picking Marçal and it actively hurts us, teams don't even bother closing him down because attacks invariably peter out when he gets it. Hwang, complete waste of time, Trincao back to being the meekest player in the world.

Concede first and we'll lose 99 times out of 100. No faith at all in the manager sorting us out tactically once we do fall behind, he just doesn't do anything.

Five defeats in eight I think? We've had opportunities to make the top six but we're short of the mark.

Yep. Standard one performance he looked ‘ok’ means he’s the answer. He’s not. He will have a decent career in league 1 etc. that’s not a knock at him, but he’s not going to be a CM in a top 10 prem team
That's bollocks, he's far better than Lg1

Back