• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 2/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lads might, but the girls will most definitely not be.

Saw someone say the Strawberry is a home pub, and it is, but away fans are fine as long as they don't act up. Only saw bother with a group of Arsenal fans who'd clearly been dabbling with Colombia's finest.

Anyone staying over who wants a curry, I'd recommend Khai Khai or Dabbawals.
Dabbawals is great.

Rain, sleet and snow in the forecast tonight and tomorrow morning, so if anyone is travelling up here tomorrow, take care, the journey will probably be shit. It's meant to be raining pretty much all day tomorrow, so not very nice conditions for watching the game.

Rain, sleet and snow in the forecast tonight and tomorrow morning, so if anyone is travelling up here tomorrow, take care, the journey will probably be shit. It's meant to be raining pretty much all day tomorrow, so not very nice conditions for watching the game.
It'll be fine, the away end is high above the cloud level anyway.

Please please please give me a match that needs the orange ball... ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

(Assuming everyone traveling is safe in such weather, of course)

1hr 5 mins on here for the orange ball CURSING us!

I think we were just shit tbh, 14 year old Dan just found it easier back then to blame the ball than the clanging reality right there in front of me.

And people wonder why I'm pondering calling it a day.

Sorry, Alan, it's gonna be just rain by tomorrow afternoon. Sleet and snow tonight into the morning.

I think we were just shit tbh, 14 year old Dan just found it easier back then to blame the ball than the clanging reality right there in front of me.

And people wonder why I'm pondering calling it a day.
Pretty clear from the replay that our defenders were as mesmerized by the ball as I am, hence everyone just stopping to watch it!

Some hit at the end, mind, but oof. Imagine the matchday thread after that.

Its bloody cold and pouring down this evening in Newcastle, looked a bit sleety on the windscreen

Pretty clear from the replay that our defenders were as mesmerized by the ball as I am, hence everyone just stopping to watch it!

Some hit at the end, mind, but oof. Imagine that matchday thread after that.
We were really bad.

Just a stupid, horrible set up. This is my best guess at what we were trying to do but honestly, fuck knows.

-------------Stowell----------------

Thompson----Richards---Emblen---Venus

-------Osborn---Atkins----Samways----

--------Goodman---Bull----Daley----------

Our used subs were Rankine and Ferguson FFS.

Stowell getting beaten from distance because he's stood on the penalty spot shocker :rolleyes:

Also the annoying number philosophy that persisted through the 90s, 2 at LB, 3 at RB. Fuck off!
Something to do with Tommo wasn’t it?

Not sure, but it wasn't just Thommo, Goodman would wear 8, Ferguson 10, Venus 9, Thomas 3, I just didn't like it 🤯.

Squad numbers helped (mostly)
vP1Gl5.gif

I am certain Venus never wore 9 and Thomas never wore 3.

Saw Venus on one of the season review videos, so I'd need to spend some time finding it.

But here is Thomas wearing 3.

I can't believe I've obliterated that from my memory.

Please direct all obscure 90s trivia EP's way in future, I'm no good.

Still have my Thomas 8 shirt. I’ll bring it out of retirement if we make the FA cup final :)

I can't believe I've obliterated that from my memory.

Please direct all obscure 90s trivia EP's way in future, I'm no good.
Stopped clock etc. I'm still reeling from my merged memory of Thommo's goal at Ipswich!

You and Sniffer are top tier.

If I was a GK I’d want #9.

I’m a god damn troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back