• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 2/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CB engaging a quick player that high up the pitch with no help is categorically the wrong thing to do.
I don’t recall anyone saying he should engage with him? I said he shouldn’t back off for 40 yards. Show him wide? Do a tactical early foul? Backing off and letting him run straight towards the goal is fairly low down the list of options.

Anyway, 2-0 - shite from Sa. Game over.

Sa terrible.

Suppose we have to give him the benefit of the doubt with the defender right in front of him and the conditions.

Bit unlucky actually. Saved it ok but hit Kilman and obviously fell perfect from them. Another slice of luck.

Well that's shit, either Kilman calls and clears, or Sa calls and collects, neither did, or both did.

We’d kind of lost our mojo anyway.

Comms sucking off Newcastle’s crowd like mad.

Well that's shit, either Kilman calls and clears, or Sa calls and collects, neither did, or both did.
Too much of a stretch to collect IMO. He tried to palm it to his left but caught Kilman and deflected back.

Still have the feeling we can get back into this.... just need to move it quicker.
Based on?

We’re relying on Pedro to do something spectacular not once, but twice.

That’s all we’ve got.

Based on?

That’s all we’ve got.
We're a bit better than that, there's Sarabia, Doyle, a set piece, and Lemina who has 5(?) goals.

Based on?

That’s all we’ve got.
Based on the fact we have attacked with bodies and have got behind them a couple of times. Another good move there and Pedro was in behind. Linesman gave him off but he wasn't. Semedo is finding space and Sarabia is making some good runs. Bellegarde is the weak link but we've generally done OK going forward.

I don’t recall anyone saying he should engage with him? I said he shouldn’t back off for 40 yards.
He backed off the correct distance. He had allowed players to get back. He’s forcing him wide on his weak foot. He’s actually pretty much the only player you can definitely say is doing the right thing. IMG_0895.png
Show him wide? Do a tactical early foul? Backing off and letting him run straight towards the goal is fairly low down the list of options.
See above. Engage any earlier and Gordon just juices him down the outside leaving a 2v1 on Dawson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back