• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (A) 8/4/22 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyes are bleeding.

I guess now we get to see whether Bruno really wants it or not. Win tonight and we’re 2 points off 4th, regardless of how shit we’ve been so far (and my God, we’ve been shit).

He simply has to bring on Neto and for me another body in midfield. Don’t hide behind the lack of options in the squad - Saiss will be more useful in CM than Trincao/Hwang will be doing more of the same in the second half.

Hwang putting in a Marlon Harewood level of performance so far which is some going.

Hwang shite. Why have we signed him? Neto on.
Kilman giving the ball away - can him and Boly swap sides please.
Did wonder the same thing about switching sides for Kilman.

You could bring any two subs on for Hwang and Trincao and it'd be a better team. Hwang particularly so.

That was an awful first half from both sides. We haven't turned up and they've criminally lacked any ability to punish us for it.

Hwang or Trincao off (maybe both) please.

Just take Hwang off now. Please. I can’t take another of his first touches.

the inside forwards have completely killed us. And the back three being so scared to step up. Feel for Fabio though. He’s actually trying.

We’ve effectively (or should have) 4 In midfield so the numbers aren’t a problem. The issue is that they are playing far too wide, not showing for the ball, and then we they do get the ball they are fucking horrific.

That is why the ball keeps going backward. Because they aren’t offering. Hwang is fucking useless.

What a poor half. So sloppy in possession. I know it's easy to find fault with Hwang, Marcal and Trincao, but by God they have been fucking awful. Hwang I'd sub off at half time, he's contributed absolutely fucking nothing. Useless footballer.

Sa
Kilman Coady Boly
Jonny Moutinho Cundle RAN
Trincao Silva Neto

Please

I agree, Fabio has been as positive as he could be with those around him. Cundle not bad either, does look for a forward pass buy has no one available

The folly of spending £15m on Hwang when it was blindingly obvious we were short in midfield couldn’t have been better demonstrated than in that shitfest of a half.

Worryingly Marcal has been our best player so far. Hwang appalling, Trincao not much better. Hate saying it but Jonny not at the races so far.
It's all so negative, slow and passive.

I know Don has to appear unbiased but the spaffing over Newcastle is sickening, I'm pretty sure being a commentator is just edging your bets on who'll win to appear knowledgeable, and wanking over Joelinton as if he'd been plucked from obscurity to be a hero !

I've not generally been as critical of Bruno as some, but this is all on him. He's picked a shitshow of a team, most people thought so on seeing the lineup and guess what? We were right.

I've not generally been as critical of Bruno as some, but this is all on him. He's picked a shitshow of a team, most people thought so on seeing the lineup and guess what? We were right.
Amazingly that wasnt the case last week when exactly the same was said ???

I know Don has to appear unbiased but the spaffing over Newcastle is sickening, I'm pretty sure being a commentator is just edging your bets on who'll win to appear knowledgeable, and wanking over Joelinton as if he'd been plucked from obscurity to be a hero !
I always think Don errs on the side of caution commentating on us, worried about being accused of favouritism

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a half where we didn’t have the ball under control in the opposition half once. Pathetic. Leeds looks like an exception for Trincao and the home game against this lot the same for Hwang. Wingbacks regularly kill a ball dead from 50 yards, Hwang looks like he’s never seen a ball before.

Think his hands were tied to a certain extent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back