• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 25/10 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Newcastle realised nearly all our threat was down the right they shut us out very effectively. Much as
Saiss is "doing a job" we need more threat down the left.

I don't think this is an Adama game, there's no space behind Newcastle for him to run into, he'll just run into trouble.

I much prefer leaving podence on as his interchanges and trickery are more useful
Completely disagree. Adama doesn’t run in behind defences anyway - you give him the ball to his feet and he runs through/past the opposition. It’s exactly the kind of game he’ll make a difference in.

Adama and Nouri on and we win this game. Doubt we’ll see Nouri, though.

Newcastle with Saint Maximam up front is reminiscent of Wolves with Traore up front. If the dropped him deeper and started getting him on the ball he'd ask a few questions.

Decent opp for Neto there.

Podence can be absolutely brilliant at times, he’s so skilful.

We stick out like a sore thumb in the PL top ten on goals scored. If we're not having many shots on target and then are profligate with them, it's not ideal

Lovely build up. Shame we still couldn’t get a shot on goal.

I know it'd be harsh, but that arm blocked the shot on target. If Eric Dier's was handball then that is

Trouble is both Neto and Podence are our best players right now so there’s no way to get Adama on

For all of our lovely intricate play, we haven’t really made their keeper work at all. I get we’re not the kind of side that’s going to spank someone 5-0, but it’s obvious we need something a bit more direct (Adama).

looks like Traore and Marcel are coming on.

Guess this is where Nuno needs to earn his money - figuring out how we can start working the opposition goalkeeper more frequently.

Trouble is both Neto and Podence are our best players right now so there’s no way to get Adama on

We've still had one shot on target in an hour of play, so I'd say we're in need of fresh impetus

It’s a good job our defence is solid as we aren’t scoring many goals this season.

I missed the first half but since I've watched from half time, Semedo has given the ball away or ran the ball out 3 times.

I'm all for intricate interplay, but we've given the ball away with vanity flicks and skillz a few times this afternoon.

The wingbacks receive the ball a lot of the times in positions where the CB should be. It’s an ongoing problem in games like this. Means we’re more secure against the counter but by simply not having many men ahead of the ball it’s easy to play against.

Requires something special to work a chance.

5 at the back doesnt have to be a defensive formation but the way we play it currently it will be.

I feel like we are struggling to get Raul involved as much as we have in previous seasons.

this very much feels like we’ve resorted to giving the ball to Adama and hoping he can do something special.

Superb cross across the six yard box from Neto and not a single Wolves player attacking it.

We’ve had a few shots but I don’t think we’ve had any decent chances really.

Great ball from Neto and Traore is bizarrely standing outside the area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back