• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 25/10 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about time a midfielder scored for us isnt it? Neves is overdue and Donk isnt prolific.Podence hasnt a premier goal yet either has he? Second half one of those please.

If we had an actual attacking threat down the left it would help enormously. Saiss has done well filling in prior but this is really showing up the limitations of having him there.

Trying not to get my hopes up for Ait Nouri but he should at least be in consideration.

In general we are much the better team but only had one shot on target need to start creating more. Would help if we could get a natural lwb on the pitch so we have more of a threat on both sides.

If we had as much of a threat down the left as we do on the right we’d have probably have enough to be winning.

Untroubled, maybe could have still been leading with some better quality in the final third, but can can now turn it up a bit second half now as per usual.

Not surprised to see it 0-0 at HT! We've been decent though.
Semedo's had a good half - tidy with the ball, penetrating going forwards and good turn of pace to get back when they've tried to counter us

Shots on target the big issue in that half.

Screenshot_20201025-172014.jpeg

Just need to guard against the odd quick break as that's all they have just now. Rui only vaguely troubled by the deflected shot.

We have control with no end product or shooting boots on - a bit more pace will get in behind them - this is a game for Adama especially as their midfield doesn't really know how to defend properly.

Well Traore will have a field day running at their tugboat defenders when Nuno brings him on around about an hour in.
How long before Adama gets the hump at being a bit-part player?

Saiss probably needs to come off sooner rather than later. Would be nice to see RAN but I expect Marcal to come on there if anyone.

Look a lot sharper than previous weeks but be nice to see a bit more threat around the Newcastle box for all the dominance, still not quite getting the ball into the danger area very often.

We've actually played pretty well there. Ball needs to move a bit quicker at times especially in to Raul and Podence in central areas but those two just need think about the execution or the final decision in the final third.

I don't think this is an Adama game, there's no space behind Newcastle for him to run into, he'll just run into trouble.

I much prefer leaving podence on as his interchanges and trickery are more useful

OK first half, glimpses of some really nice football. That piece of Podence skill was sublime!

Newcastle have had a couple of chances though so we need to score early in the 1st half for me.

I don't think this is an Adama game, there's no space behind Newcastle for him to run into, he'll just run into trouble.

I much prefer leaving podence on as his interchanges and trickery are more useful
Podence is being hampered by having no one going down the outside (or inside), so the ball just comes back into the middle. He’s either got to do it by himself or go backwards.

Newcastle look awful but we haven't done enough despite a few promising moments. Another attacking player down the left fill help. Semedo has had the freedom of Wolverhampton down the right.

We have control with no end product or shooting boots on - a bit more pace will get in behind them - this is a game for Adama especially as their midfield doesn't really know how to defend properly.
I think the way we play we'd benefit from having at least one more player willing to get into the box.
We often dribble our way into the area and then only have one or two (max) gold shirts to aim for, the cross or pass gets deflected and every other Wolves player is 30 yards out and can't capitalise

Newcastle really focussed on crowding out Semedo and Neto after the first 10 minutes and I think that’s why we struggled to create as much after that. Might need a Neves special today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back