• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 25/10 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good starting XI and a nice bench to put in action if necessary... 🙂

That team is what I think I would have gone with, and the bench looks so much stronger than last season with versatile options should we need to attack or go defensive. COTW!

I'd love Vitinha to be involved but I can't see who we'd drop from the bench.

Better bench is the upgrade from last season - ability to change things if needed

Presume Marcal not quite ready to start & Ait Nouri still bedding in so Saiss stays where he was.

Not a perfect choice, but more than competent

I'd love Vitinha to be involved but I can't see who we'd drop from the bench.
this is where we're upgrading the squad. Vitinha, Jonny, and MGW all not in the 18 for a variety of reasons. Plus we have fringe options - Otasowie has been there recently.

Trying to work out what formation Newcastle are playing. Doesn’t look like their fans know either.

Schar, Lewis, Fernandez, Lascelles & Jeff Hendrick all in the same team 🤢

They’ve got a few attacking players in there - Fraser, Murphy, Saint-Max, Almiron, Wilson... no idea how they all fit in the same 11.

If games of football were played on paper, we’d be handing out a gubbing this afternoon. Unfortunately, they’re not!

Hoping for something positive going forward from Semedo today as he beds in, especially with Saiss more of a conservative option on the left. We don't need five defenders against Newcastle at home

Really hope we start well today. An early goal like the Sheffield United game would be great.

Hoping for something positive going forward from Semedo today as he beds in, especially with Saiss more of a conservative option on the left. We don't need five defenders against Newcastle at home
We've played with 5 defenders for the last three seasons

We've played with 5 defenders for the last three seasons

I wouldn't say that. Doherty played as an integral part of our attacking play, what I'm saying is we need Nelson to bring those kind of goods to the table

I wouldn't say that. Doherty played as an integral part of our attacking play, what I'm saying is we need Nelson to bring those kind of goods to the table
He's still a defender but I know what you mean. We need our wing backs to be more wing than back

They have gone very attacking due to injuries with a midfield full of wingers. Literally 6 of them on the pitch!!

He's still a defender but I know what you mean. We need our wing backs to be more wing than back
Even just one of them tbh, you'd expect Nelson to have more of that skillset than Romain

Good possession so far. Pretty dominant. Good shot from Pod.

Much brighter start than recently, plenty of possession and some sharp interplay between the front three already.

We seem more willing to take a shot than I've seen us previously...although most are a bit wayward!

Good stuff again. Raul scuffing and slicing shots at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back