• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) 25/10 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both were!

I want to see RAN, and I'd be half tempted to start Fabio. Newcastle are shit, and if he's going to start any games it's going to be these types

Reactions: b3h
They both were!

I want to see RAN, and I'd be half tempted to start Fabio. Newcastle are shit, and if he's going to start any games it's going to be these types
That hair at full speed must be a sight to behold !

There's nothing to suggest anyone is out. We've had this "he isn't in the training video/pictures!" numerous times before and it's notoriously unreliable evidence. Let's just wait and see what tomorrow brings shall we?

They both were!

Cheers Del, must say my eyes are not the greatest these days.

Whatever the situation re injuries (if there even are any) not going to worry. Will wait to see who runs out tomorrow.

We have options for most positions even if some haven't had much PL exposure yet. Newcastle is not the worst team to start against.

Interesting to see an earlier article suggesting that Wolves and Newcastle are comparable, using the 5 at the back and the obvious Allan Saint Maxime vs Adama Traore influence on a game, as examples
Utter tosh really, with the media trying to put us in the same bracket and context as the Geordies, which shows their lack of understanding of where we are, where we have come from and where we’re going as a club
As teams go we are a million miles away from the toxicity that Newcastle continually face.
Great club that they are, I couldn’t support a club like that personally at the moment
That said we have struggled in the recent past to get this one over the line. We have to be on our game tomorrow and not have a Leeds Utd hangover. For me we need to start with a strong lineup and not experiment with the new lads too early Saiss and Donk have to start and wouldn’t mind Marcel being involved

Boly's 100th Premier League game today.

Reactions: b3h
My team for today starts with a simple thought. Saiss has to play. We've only scored 5 goals, Saiss has got one of them, damn near scored another against Sheff United and had a cracker chalked off at Leeds. So Saiss starts, and it's up to Nuno whether that's as LCB or LWB, however much of a square peg he is there. And Adama starts in a proper 343 and we attack the Newcastle defence from the word go, because it's not very good

I think as we enter our 6th game we need to really move away from makeshift selections (unless there are injuries and it's unavoidable) and start looking to improve performances. I'd be playing one of the actual LWBs from now on

We should get three points from this game if we play our cards right...think we need to be on the front foot from the beginning..we defended well against a very fluent playing Leeds last time but now we need to dictate play..

A win today and Leicester v Arsenal ends in a draw and we are in 3rd.

These are kind of a bogey team at home though. Score draw beckons.

Nah, 4th unless we win 9-0. Villa will still be ahead on GD otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back