• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle v Wolves (A) Part 1: Build Up

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
So where do we go from last night? We need to start getting our best team on the pitch and sticking with them. Walter needs to stop fiddling with formations during the game and let the players try and settle into a style of play.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Stears - CBJ

Prince - Saiss

Costa - Tex - Cavaleiro

Bod

--------------------------

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Stears - CBJ

Costa - Prince - Saiss - Cavaleiro

Bod - Dicko

That is surely our strongest two XIs on paper IMO, with players in their correct positions. We need to get them out there on the pitch and stick with it asap, and only rotate for tiredness if absolutely necessary.

No idea if Saiss is ready to play or not (probably not and will play in the cup game most likely) but if not then Coady or Price will have to fill in until he is.

Can't say I'm at all optimistic given how Newcastle have started banging goals in, especially considering how fragile our defence can look from one second to the next.

I've already put this game down as a loss. We're going to have to ride our luck at the back and hope we can hit them on the break IMO to get anything from it.

Prediction - 3-0 Newcastle :(

I don't think we will Saiss until Newcastle Away Pt2

Ikeme

Iorfa...Batth...Stears...CBJ

.............Coady (unless they actually think Saiss is ready to go)

Prince.............Tex

Costa....Bod....Ivan

.Walter can do all the rotation he wants in the Cup game, fuck it he can play himself in goal in that game if he wants.

A loss. Respectable but a loss nevertheless. Even with our best attacking options on song our defence and their options will see them home.

Play Bodvarsson, Cavaleiro, Costa and Teixeira from the start and we might have a chance I suppose.

The only thing I'm currently looking forward to with this match is the pub beforehand and possible seeing the new statue to Dale Winton they've just erected.

I don't think we will Saiss until Newcastle Away Pt2

Ikeme

Iorfa...Batth...Stears...CBJ

.............Coady (unless they actually think Saiss is ready to go)

Prince.............Tex

Costa....Bod....Ivan

.Walter can do all the rotation he wants in the Cup game, fuck it he can play himself in goal in that game if he wants.

Now, that's not a bad idea - at least we'd have a leader at the back too

Really looking forward to this game now...So glad I persuaded my boss to let me work a half shift so I could attend. My last visit to St James' Park was in 2011 when Newcastle beat Wolves 4-1 :facepalm:

I was in Peru watching newcastle-wolves 2012 when Terry Connor had taken over.. 2-2, i would take that all day

A pal of mine who's a NUFC fan said the game would be "interesting." It'll be interesting in the same that getting tortured by the Inquisition was 'interesting.'

I have a sneaking feeling that there will be a big reaction to last nights defeat.

2 - 1 Wolves.

Was initially thinking that but dont expect anything

A pal of mine who's a NUFC fan said the game would be "interesting." It'll be interesting in the same that getting tortured by the Inquisition was 'interesting.'

Cardinal Bodvarsson - give the rack a turn

Cardinal Batth - bring out the comfy cushions

"I'm afraid we're going to make you watch recordings of the 0-0 draws with Birmingham, Ipswich, Blackburn and Rotherham. No-one has lasted past half-time in the Ipswich game, Mr Bond..."

The thing is i think everyone wants to see Zenga stop rotating so much but after yesterdays performance he has to rotate again. Hause has to come back in for me, not having that he is worse than Batth or Stears. Big signings have to start too, even if they aren't fully fit most of them should be now and those that aren't can always come off. Team for me;

------------------------Ikeme----------------------

Iorfa----------Stears------------Hause--------CBJ

-------------------------Saiss(reluctantly Coady if not fit)

-------------------Prince---------Teixeira-----------------

Costa----------------------Bod------------------------Cavaleiro

Teixeira has been pretty poor in the last few games for me, looking for free kicks and trying stuff in wrong areas, if he can get back to the one that started the season then he could be massive in behind Bod. If he's not then i would like Saville to play there.

Zenga has to let the full backs get forward and support the wingers, the holding midfielder is there for a reason, tempo needs to go up and one of the centre halves have to be dropped and i still don't rate Batth.

Will it be impossible to pay on the day, even if I have to go in with Newcastle end?

Away end is sold out. No idea if Newcastle do pay on the day. I doubt it though.

Away end is sold out. No idea if Newcastle do pay on the day. I doubt it though.

Oh well, I'm going now. I will try everything, even becoming a member. A kind man has obtained a ticket for me, for the cup game.

Iorfa has been dreadful at right-back. Just doesn't look comfortable on the ball or look like he wants the ball and can do what is asked in that position in terms of distribution.

Iorfa has been dreadful at right-back. Just doesn't look comfortable on the ball or look like he wants the ball and can do what is asked in that position in terms of distribution.

Again i agree he hasn't been good at right back but that's where he is best, different player for Eng under 21's. Defends with ease, gets forward well and is a threat from right back. Lack of options he gets when he's on the ball doesn't help here though.

Back