• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 3 v Wolves 1 - not the game we wanted verdict thread

There's no way we'll win the appeal.

Also, this whole "referee's interpretation" is a massive cop out to get officials out of the shit when they make an error. One of the main issues with officiating in the modern game is that there's no consistency at all. And it's because the FA etc are happy to hide behind a referee's "interpretation".

There's no way we'll win the appeal.

Also, this whole "referee's interpretation" is a massive cop out to get officials out of the shit when they make an error. One of the main issues with officiating in the modern game is that there's no consistency at all. And it's because the FA etc are happy to hide behind a referee's "interpretation".

The referees interpretation has always been there. Decisions given, except for those in law, are given in the opinion of the referee.

I agree that there is inconsistency, but again that has always been there. And again that is because a decision is made in the opinion of the referee. Yes mistakes are made, and yes improvements are needed, but players could help referees by not cheating.

Why do you think the FA hide behind a referees interpretation? Many appeals are won because the disciplinary panel felt the referee made a mistake in sending a player off.

The referees interpretation has always been there. Decisions given, except for those in law, are given in the opinion of the referee.

I agree that there is inconsistency, but again that has always been there. And again that is because a decision is made in the opinion of the referee. Yes mistakes are made, and yes improvements are needed, but players could help referees by not cheating.

Why do you think the FA hide behind a referees interpretation? Many appeals are won because the disciplinary panel felt the referee made a mistake in sending a player off.

Because I believe hiding behind a referee's interpretation is an easy way out. In this instance, the referee's "interpretation" will result in Ikeme sitting out three games. Where as most of us can see it should have been a yellow.

Whilst I don't disagree there have been occasions where decisions are overturned, referee's are overprotected IMO.

And that is where I sympathise with the FA. They were not there, only the referee in the heat of the moment under those unique circumstances is available to give his reasons for his decision.

As far consistency, there can't be any because every situation is unique no matter how similar they look.

Because I believe hiding behind a referee's interpretation is an easy way out. In this instance, the referee's "interpretation" will result in Ikeme sitting out three games. Where as most of us can see it should have been a yellow.

Whilst I don't disagree there have been occasions where decisions are overturned, referee's are overprotected IMO.

I thought it should have been a yellow card as well, but Ikeme only has himself to blame.

How do you think referees are over protected? From my experience they are closely monitored, receive mentoring as well as being assessed, yet still mistakes occur. Sadly that is just human nature. Referees can be punished for not being up to standard. They can be demoted, removed from a leagues list of officials, suspended, or in extreme cases be banned from officiating. And all of those four things have happened to referees.

Heard from someone who works at Carrow road that lambert absolutely ripped into the team at half time, they can't recall that level of shouting from another teams manager - not an Exact quote but one bit was along the lines of 'you have been fucking shit, so fucking slow, youve been absolute fucking shite'....

'Carl Ikeme's proposed suspension following his sending off on Saturday has been reduced from three games to two on appeal.

Wolves' claim of excessive punishment was upheld, but not the claim of wrongful dismissal.Carl now misses games against Liverpool & Barnsley'

'Carl Ikeme's proposed suspension following his sending off on Saturday has been reduced from three games to two on appeal.

Wolves' claim of excessive punishment was upheld, but not the claim of wrongful dismissal.Carl now misses games against Liverpool & Barnsley'

I still feel it's excessive, but at least it's less than it was. I'm sure Wes Hoolihan will be made welcome the next time he comes to molineux.

Back