• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 3 v Wolves 1 - not the game we wanted verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
We didn't have any control of that game even before the sending off (which sounded dubious)

After that it was not going to get any better

We move on - Anfield next week

Thought we might win this one. I wonder where Williamson is

If Ikeme's been sent off for the foul itself then it would appear that we've been done over by the ref when we were having our best spell in the game. If he's been sent off for pushing someone or any other kind of loss of discipline then it's his fault.

Well, that's not made next week any easier, has it?

If it's just brief highlights of the game then replays might be inconclusive.
If he's been sent off for denying a goal scoring chance then ref is wrong unless it was deemed dangerous.
Who says things even themselves out considering the none decision we got at Sheff Wed 19 days ago.

It all turned on the penalty to be honest - we were on top second half. Walking to the car now - was it a dive?

I'm blaming the kit personally. May it never be worn again. Dreadful abomination of fabric.

It is an appalling dive. And should not have been a red for the challenge. If it is given for the shove (which is exactly what the ref will say) then Ikeme is a pillock.

It is an appalling dive. And should not have been a red for the challenge. If it is given for the shove (which is exactly what the ref will say) then Ikeme is a pillock.

I don't think it's going to be a cover up job by the ref, he HAS sent him off for shoving Hoolahan over. Mindless.

Why was a push from Ikeme a straight red? Should have been a yellow all day long. I saw an identical incident only last week where someone got shoved over as retaliation, and because it wasn't in the face or anything it was only a yellow.

Why was a push from Ikeme a straight red? Should have been a yellow all day long. I saw an identical incident only last week where someone got shoved over as retaliation, and because it wasn't in the face or anything it was only a yellow.

That's not the rule though, that's Ref A bottling it in whichever game you saw last week. Raise your hands and strike a player, red card.

Challenge would be yellow and the shove a yellow.

Does make it feel like the season is over. Again that myth bites us on the arse that any team on a shit run of form will do us over

Does make it feel like the season is over. Again that myth bites us on the arse that any team on a shit run of form will do us over

It's away from home that they've been terrible, going into today they'd won three of their last four home games (including a 5-0 and a 3-0) with three clean sheets.

Our defence looked shit in those highlights. Williamson and Saiss for me at CB

Challenge would be yellow and the shove a yellow.
Nope. He showed him a straight red.

That incident I mentioned I seem to remember everyone agreeing that a yellow was the right decision. I've seen plenty of shoves on people before that have only been yellows too. Normally it's only if you strike someone in the face that the red comes out.

At the end of the day we won't be appealing it for sure, unless the ref is a dick and says it was a straight red for the foul. The moment he mentions violent conduct you can forget it.

Back