• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Aston Villa: Verdict Thread

We need to stop quoting the Silva price tag too. We’ve moved on from that. We are saying he’s not good enough because he’s not good enough. If we’d have paid £3.5m it doesn’t make him any better. Just less of a waste of money.
Yes and no, if it wasn't for the price tag he wouldn't still be here

Yes and no, if it wasn't for the price tag he wouldn't still be here
As much as I agree that holding the price against Fab himself is harsh, it's also inextricably linked to every decision the club makes about him.

You can't separate him from his fee, it's just a fantasy to do so.

Re Fabio. Multiple rolling of they eyes as he was issued with instructions before coming on. He’s got a huge chip on his shoulder and doesn’t have enough natural ability to counter that. He’s done at Wolves and the Premier League.
I was too far away to see anyones eyes but if that's true then I've changed my mind and he needs a slap (metaphorically)

I was too far away to see anyones eyes but if that's true then I've changed my mind and he needs a slap (metaphorically)

I was watching on TV and his demeanour when being given instructions, and strolling onto the pitch wound me up something chronic. It didn't really get much better when he was playing, it was one shit first time pass, three fouls, and a load of exasperated arm flaps

I was watching on TV and his demeanour when being given instructions, and strolling onto the pitch wound me up something chronic. It didn't really get much better when he was playing, it was one shit first time pass, three fouls, and a load of exasperated arm flaps
He's so bad to watch in person. Properly nailed not making a run properly, hiding behind a defender then being Kevin the Teenager when we don't pass it to him.

So many questions in this photo.

06EEE2CC-B690-4FB0-905E-E6E57B1EC37D.jpeg

He's so bad to watch in person. Properly nailed not making a run properly, hiding behind a defender then being Kevin the Teenager when we don't pass it to him.
He properly flailed his arms at not being passed to by Traore at one point whilst hiding behind Konsa.

Total wanker.

The bloke in the background may manage a goal or 2

I'd rather we had Conor Sammon
Christ, there's a name I haven't thought about in years.

Great, now I'm wondering if I'd rather have Hugo Rodellega. Thanks for that.

Very late to the party, but here’s some of my thoughts.

The referee completely lost control of the game after about 15 minutes. He didn’t stop the shenanigans between Dawson/McGinn - then booked Dawson for accidentally standing on Watkins. But when Cash nearly knocks RAN out - or Hwang gets his nose bloodied, their players don’t even get spoken to. Douglas Luiz swing goes for a VAR check for a potential red and isn’t even booked.

I don’t think the players helped as both teams were diving/rolling around at every opportunity and this really affected the flow of the match (particularly in the first half), but generally speaking, I felt the officiating was appalling. Not in a ‘major decisions’, sense, but just in the general running of the game.

We started the match slowly, but really grew in to it after 20 minutes or so and I honestly don’t think there was much between the two sides. Given they are 5th (or whatever it is), that’s encouraging.

In this formation, I think we’re potentially relying too much on the front three to do something special, and much of our attacking threat was on the break where everyone is doing everything at 100mph and I’m not sure how sustainable that is. It would be nice to see us have more controlled pressure, but perhaps that will come over time.

In contrast to Fabio (who was appalling), I thought there were encouraging cameo’s from Boubacar and Sasa (Pedro had to score the chance that Sasa put across to him).

Oh, and pleased Doc has finally had a haircut.

Last edited:
Don’t think he’s wrong tbf.

Back