• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Aston Villa: Verdict Thread

Jeff`s got to face facts and be prepared to lose face with regards Silva.
Jeff has (for now) removed himself from the footballing side of Wolves. He will lose zero face when Hobbs starts the process to sell him (or loan him out endlessly until his deal expires)

Jeff has (for now) removed himself from the footballing side of Wolves. He will lose zero face when Hobbs starts the process to sell him (or loan him out endlessly until his deal expires)
That said, he was at our U21s game last week vs Leeds. He's not hiding away in a cupboard.

Football clubs do weird things quite often but I'm not sure who's looking at those performances this season so far from Fabio and offering us £10m+. No pace, no strength, no movement, shit in the air, gives up and can't finish. Smashing.

That said, he was at our U21s game last week vs Leeds. He's not hiding away in a cupboard.
More on the day to day involvement on the running of things. Hobbs appears to be the main man on that front now.

Could be he is still puling the strings and Hobbs is the new Moxey but either way, when Fabs goes he won't lose face. I doubt we will even hear from him about his failed very expensive fucked up the transfer budget project.

I didn't think he was sulking on Saturday, he just wasnt very good, not strong enough, not fast enough, not skillful enough. We didn't play to his'strengths' such as they are and I'm not sure we will play a style ro suit him in the near future.
If we get anywhere near a decent offer (15m?)in January, we should sell him. I suspect he will be off to one of the low countries on loan though.

I don’t think any decision on Fabio has ever been to “save face” from Jeff. They are just trying not to accept a massive loss. They were hoping he’d be some use this year and increase value. He’s doing neither and as DW says his value is decreasing not increasing. We may have got some mug to give us £15m for him In the summer, can’t see why anyone would do that now

I didn't think he was sulking on Saturday, he just wasnt very good, not strong enough, not fast enough, not skillful enough. We didn't play to his'strengths' such as they are and I'm not sure we will play a style ro suit him in the near future.
If we get anywhere near a decent offer (15m?)in January, we should sell him. I suspect he will be off to one of the low countries on loan though.
It was Sunday and it was crystal clear he was sulking from the moment he set for on the pitch.

I don’t think any decision on Fabio has ever been to “save face” from Jeff. They are just trying not to accept a massive loss. They were hoping he’d be some use this year and increase value. He’s doing neither and as DW says his value is decreasing not increasing. We may have got some mug to give us £15m for him In the summer, can’t see why anyone would do that now
It's all about saving face, that's a cultural thing.

No way do Fosun want to admit failure in anything they do. No Chinese businesses do.

No way do Fosun want to admit failure in anything they do. No Chinese businesses do.
Reality does take over though. Hence them sacking Zenga after less than three months and letting Cutrone go for free with a year left on his deal.

The damning indictment is that he isn't even our worst signing of the 2020s.

Gave up on Guedes after half a season (even though he is still ours)

I still think it's a bit too soon to be writing off Silva.

For comparison Luke Cundle is a few months older than Silva and hasn't done as much as Silva yet.

I think it’s more a common sense financial decision rather than knowing your wrong but don’t want to admit. That would just be stupidity

Last edited:
At this point it's on the level of hoping Richard Littlejohn's novel turns into Tolstoy halfway through.

Have a look at these England forwards and when they first played senior international football (Fabio is nowhere near getting a game for Portugal):

Harry Kane (21)
Marcus Rashford (18)
Raheem Sterling (17)
Tammy Abraham (20)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (23)
Wayne Rooney (17)
Danny Welbeck (20)
Danny Ings (23)
Daniel Sturridge (22)
Jermain Defoe (21)
Theo Walcott (17)
Darren Bent (22)
Emile Heskey (21)
Michael Owen (18)
Alan Smith (20)
Darius Vassell (21)
Robbie Fowler (20)
Andy Cole (23)
Alan Shearer (21)

As I say, last league goal for us was in May 2021.

"He's really young" doesn't cut much ice now and it certainly won't at all soon.

Spot on! Those last 10 mins we were REALLY hanging on, 3 very good chances for Villa, Sa was very good today, no brain farts.
apart from the ball he allowed to bounce, instead of claiming, resulting in a corner?
I actually said at the time "let's hope that is his one a match mistake and it's done with now".
Other than that, i thought he was good this weekend.

I still think it's a bit too soon to be writing off Silva.

For comparison Luke Cundle is a few months older than Silva and hasn't done as much as Silva yet.
And didn't cost 35m, wasn't called a generational talent and isn't currently at the club. He's as deficient in the same areas as he was when he was 18, there's been no improvement there despite what the Fabio Truthers like to pretend to themselves. He isn't coming good at Wolves.

Bright Enobakhare is only 25.

Bright is still only 25?!

Give him another chance I say

Cundle didn't cost £35m. Next.

Like it or lump it, we aren't in a position to spend that fee and three years later still be playing the patience card.

It's as folly as thinking with the right manager Traore will be unstoppable.

Back