• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

LL said on his podcast last week or the week before that there's a lot of frustration behind the scenes in the squad because of the lack of recruitment, they collectively feel let down...then went on to defend the club obvs

One thing I really really don't like is that since Fulham, basically every team we've played have looked like they "wanted it more". I know we've been bare bones but we've played some absolute shit, played a lot of wank football and I've seen many people excuse it because of the lack of jeopardy, and if that *is* true it's fucking bang out of order tbh
Wouldn't say that is 100% true. First half v West Ham we were the better team and wanted it more.
Issue in that game is our inability to react to changes from the opposition. Part GO's issue and also part looking at the bench and crying.

I would say we are a million miles from the not wanting more stakes that we witnessed last season. We gave up in away games after we secured our PL spot.

We have a perfect storm right now of a teeny tiny squad, injuries, players running on low, a still fairly inexperienced manager and the hopes of achieving something other than survival a distant memory thanks to all the above.

Season is going to drift which is going to leave us with an odd feeling. Roll back to GO arriving and we all would taken surviving another season and been delighted with all but safe around January. Yet we will probably look back at a couple of wasted opportunities to achieve something in grabbing a top 7/8 spot and a trip to the Double 6 but we binned that to keep an extra £ or 2 in our pockets for the next rainy day.

Last edited:
Brilliant goal from our perspective but I'd be livid if we'd conceded it. How can you pick the ball up in the left back area and run all the way up the other end on your own. Way too easy to turn into the box as well once they'd eventually sort of held up his progress.

I get Forest are the story given the relative league positions, but no analysis at all of the first Cunha goal on MOTD is bizarre
It’s a hotly contested mantle, but Keown is my most disliked pundit. Therefore, if you can’t say anything nice then saying nothing at all might be considered the best possible outcome.

Don't think it's other teams 'want it more' don't think you can accuse us of not giving 100%, it just looks like fatigue.
As others have said we haven't looked very good defensively all season. Dawson mitigates that a bit but even with him we've looked all over the place at times. A combination of individual errors and poor organisation. Think it was TT who said a CB (maybe 2) is as important as a striker next season, I agree.

It's a feature, not a bug.

Lemina and Gomes offer different qualities to Neves and latter days Moutinho, but neither offer or will ever offer the same degree of control if we take the lead in a game.

Being forever wedded to three centre halves, none of whom are anything better than passable on the ball causes other issues.

It’s a hotly contested mantle, but Keown is my most disliked pundit. Therefore, if you can’t say anything nice then saying nothing at all might be considered the best possible outcome.
Yeah was going to say, Keown & Richards wouldn't have had anything interesting to say about it anyway.

I get Forest are the story given the relative league positions, but no analysis at all of the first Cunha goal on MOTD is bizarre
I never whinge about our coverage on motd, we generally get what we deserve imo, but that was weird, waffled on about pretty meaningless stuff about Forest and not even a mention about what was probably goal of the day, would have expected Lineker to say "what a goal by Cunha" at the end.

With VAR we shouldn't need to be in the refs face.

With VAR we shouldn't need to be in the refs face.
Yes, in the mythical world where it works.
If you get in his face they are more likely to look at what you are moaning about, as it is we are leaving it for them to find it...or not

Yes, in the mythical world where it works.
If you get in his face they are more likely to look at what you are moaning about, as it is we are leaving it for them to find it
Or for us, more likely to get a booking and no action taken by VAR.

Incidentally there's a definite handball leading to Forest's corner on the first goal. But then of course we should mark properly and the goalkeeper shouldn't let a tame header near the centre of goal trickle in.
Definitely handball. Clearly hits Yates' arm. No-one appeals for it, but VAR should spot it.

Yep, just good old fashioned shite reffing.

So irritating when our equaliser against west ham gets ruled out but the mgws goal doesn't

The first goal is pathetic but the second is way worse. Santi, Lemina & Doherty all an absolute mess. It had been coming as well, we learned nothing from our 2nd half performance vs West Ham.
Lemina's reaction to Santi's clearance header was a disgrace.

Lemina's reaction to Santi's clearance header was a disgrace.
It wasn't great but his attitude and effort have been first class all season so he gets a pardon from me on this one. Don't let it happen again Mario😀

Back