• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) 1/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
First up, their dodgy Turkish lad in nets looks like he's wearing trackies during the Newport game now. Red flag! Shoot on sight.

On a serious note, we should be going for a win here, I honestly don't think they're any better than us and we clearly should have had at least a point from Old Trafford on the opening weekend. Doc did fine against Albion but his level is playing against Championship footballers, I want RAN straight back in as he's clearly a miles better player.

Hoping Sarabia is back because JRB didn't impress me much...if not then I might be tempted to go 3-5-2. Love Joao Gomes and always hard to leave him out, but Doyle is in excellent form too.

---------------------------Sa-------------------------

----------------Kilman----Dawson-----Toti----------

Semedo-------Doyle------Lemina---J Gomes----Ait-Nouri

--------------------Cunha------Neto----------------------

2023/24: L 0-1 (A)
2022/23: L 0-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 0-0 (H, FAC), L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-5 (H), L 1-4 (A)
2010/11: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
2009/10: L 0-1 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 0-1 (A, LC)
2005/06: L 0-3 (H, FAC)
2003/04: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)

First up, their dodgy Turkish lad in nets looks like he's wearing trackies during the Newport game now. Red flag! Shoot on sight.

On a serious note, we should be going for a win here, I honestly don't think they're any better than us and we clearly should have had at least a point from Old Trafford on the opening weekend. Doc did fine against Albion but his level is playing against Championship footballers, I want RAN straight back in as he's clearly a miles better player.

Hoping Sarabia is back because JRB didn't impress me much...if not then I might be tempted to go 3-5-2. Love Joao Gomes and always hard to leave him out, but Doyle is in excellent form too.

Alright, Shania, calm down...

DWs team is a good call.
I've only really seen United on motd but in that, I've no idea how theyre so high in the table.

I like this team and it gives better options off the bench.

Their biggest 'in' will be in the VAR room, so have to wait for team sheets there.

I do wonder how they'll back up, not a typical break between games.

I'm not really sure how you deal with fitness/energy levels with such a small squad. Hopefully it gets better with returning internationals.

Wonder if Rashford will feature after being spotted in a nightclub (in Belfast of all places) when he shouldn't have been. He's having a rubbish season but has a very good record against us.

Wonder if Rashford will feature after being spotted in a nightclub (in Belfast of all places) when he shouldn't have been. He's having a rubbish season but has a very good record against us.
Hopefully they punish him once again for a misdemeanour before a match at Wolves by leaving him on the bench, except for the bit where they bring him on to score.

Getting a serious punishment apparently as he called in sick when in Belfast.

Not sure if that is dropped from the squad or made Captain though

I am no expert on MUFC but I do think it would be a good idea for Ten Hag to play 'Franz Beckenbauer Maguire' in his customary position at the back and as a roaming number 10. It would be very interesting to see how he would deal with our forward runners again! And, that's not just now but with happy memories of Jota, Helder Costa and Adama all going past him at speed at various times.

Feels like absolutely ages since we've played at home

Can't wait for this, really confident for some reason

That 3-5-2 formation looks very, very good on paper. Imagine Cunha & Neto running at them on the break 😍

I’d go with this. Tommy Doyle deserves to keep his place & Bellegarde is, regretfully, offering nothing at the moment (think he needs a season to acclimatise to the league etc).

Rashford fined 2 weeks wages and back for Wolves match

Rashford fined 2 weeks wages and back for Wolves match
2 weeks wages - pocket money for him .

Signed a contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2028 I think . He's on huge money - something like € 380k / week I believe .

He’s their golden boy isn’t he, so they’ll want it squashed ASAP.

Two weeks wages for calling in ‘sick’ and then being pictured clubbing in Belfast is a bit of a joke, but United are a basket case at the moment.

Unless something has changed recently then 2 weeks wages is the largest fine a club can levy if they aren't going for gross misconduct and therefore dismissal

He’s their golden boy isn’t he, so they’ll want it squashed ASAP.

Two weeks wages for calling in ‘sick’ and then being pictured clubbing in Belfast is a bit of a joke, but United are a basket case at the moment.
He was pictured on Wednesday Night/Thursday and they were given Thursday off. Arriving back on Friday morning and calling in sick isn't a good look but he wasn't pictured out after claiming to be ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back