• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) 1/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pictured on Wednesday Night/Thursday and they were given Thursday off. Arriving back on Friday morning and calling in sick isn't a good look but he wasn't pictured out after claiming to be ill.
Tried to blag it that he was out Wednesday night then ill on Friday.
Thanks to wonder's of social media, got caught for being out as well Thursday night/ Friday morning, then quick kip & hopped on the plane.

In terms of talent - where do people categorise Rashford ?

Just another wonderkid that has got found out ( on the field of play ) , and is far more easily closed down now ?

Or is he just going through a bad phase - where he is not seeing eye to eye with the Manager and is just sulking / phoning it in as they say ?

Or is a Man U problem , where very few players are performing , there is little leadership and players are just rudderless ?

Just another wonderkid that has got found out ( on the field of play ) , and is far more easily closed down now ?

Or is he just going through a bad phase - where he is not seeing eye to eye with the Manager and is just sulking / phoning it in as they say ?

Or is a Man U problem , where very few players are performing , there is little leadership and players are just rudderless ?
I think his goal tally flattered him last season and papered over a lot of cracks at MU. He's a decent player but miles short of being really top class.

He's now wasting his talent and showing all the hallmarks of not loving the game anymore. When that goes, it just feels like a job and when you don't like your job you no longer perform at the same level you once did. Rashford is distracted and unhappy. His body language says everything and now his behaviour is unprofessional. The guy has a lot of talent and deserved his place previously but he's not done much the last 12 to 18 months to justify being at a club like MUFC. You once had to be in one of the top 3 in the world in your position to play for them and now you can't argue any of their players is that.

He is very decent but not world class. However, he clearly is phoning it in as he has fallen out with the manager. Compared to last season his tracking back, high press and work rate is miles off last season.

Of course it doesn’t help that United spent £75m plus on. £10m talent in Antony who provides absolutely zero service.

Good player. No where near ‘world class’ or ‘elite’ bracket.

Came through United ranks and is the ‘home grown kid’ so there’s more of a fondness for him.

Feel lots of people have over rated him when he has a good few games he’s ’world Class’ again. He isn’t

I would argue Neto is the same calibre of player. Ironically in far better form then Rashford to.

He's now wasting his talent and showing all the hallmarks of not loving the game anymore. When that goes, it just feels like a job and when you don't like your job you no longer perform at the same level you once did. Rashford is distracted and unhappy. His body language says everything and now his behaviour is unprofessional. The guy has a lot of talent and deserved his place previously but he's not done much the last 12 to 18 months to justify being at a club like MUFC. You once had to be in one of the top 3 in the world in your position to play for them and now you can't argue any of their players is that.
*Goes through United squad mentally applying this criteria*

Nods in agreement. I can’t think of a single United player that is top three. Not even close to it.

Regarding Rashford, he looks to me like a player who needs a move, im not sure he's good enough for top 4 overall. Maybe a Spurs/Newcastle, he just doesn't look like he's enjoying football at the minute.

Last edited:
As for utd, they only have 2 players I'd want to see us sign, Varane and Mainoo.

Hasn't Rashford always been streaky. 8 in 10 and then none in the next 10, sort of thing? Some of the viral clips I've seen of his effort certainly don't do him any favours though. He's England quality when he's on his streaks and bearly PL worthy when he isn't. Such a high variance player

Hasn't Rashford always been streaky. 8 in 10 and then none in the next 10, sort of thing? Some of the viral clips I've seen of his effort certainly don't do him any favours though. He's England quality when he's on his streaks and barely PL worthy when he isn't. Such a high variance player
Yeah, I'd say that's spot on.

Paul Cook would be your Wolves parallel in terms of floor to ceiling :D

Hasn't Rashford always been streaky. 8 in 10 and then none in the next 10, sort of thing? Some of the viral clips I've seen of his effort certainly don't do him any favours though. He's England quality when he's on his streaks and barely PL worthy when he isn't. Such a high variance player

You could make clips like that up about Pedro Neto though. It depends what he's being asked to do by Ten Hag.

Given the great stuff he’s done off the pitch I find it surprising if his attitude isn’t very good. I wonder if he struggles mentally at times, a couple of seasons ago when he was in a poor patch he looked genuinely miserable and like he’d rather be anywhere else.

After that Dele interview and various other things I try not to jump to conclusions about players phoning it in or being lazy or not caring when there could be other stuff going on.

When he’s on it and in form Rashford is brilliant to watch.

Apparently The Sun have another Rashford story, embargoed for 10.30pm tonight.

Note that embargoed doesn't necessarily mean big or interesting.

They usually embargo to tell him / United what they are going to print and allow them to admit or comment before the shit hits the fan.

He is obviously their new target now that Walker has done a mea culpa l. Fucking reprehensible rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back