• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) 1/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford to me is one of those who is a very good player but not an especially gifted athlete or footballer (relatively speaking, of course, he could still run/dribble circles around me I'm sure).

Which is to say that he can't, IMV, create his own success at the highest echelons.

He's not world class but he's still bloody good. Stick him in Liverpool's team and score a fuck load. United are a fucking car crash, you could have Salah there and he'd soon look like a streaky, stroppy piece of shit. A place where attacking talent and footballing enjoyment goes to die.

He's not world class but he's still bloody good. Stick him in Liverpool's team and score a fuck load. United are a fucking car crash, you could have Salah there and he'd soon look like a streaky, stroppy piece of shit. A place where attacking talent and footballing enjoyment goes to die.
And it's fucking brilliant!

The big story seems to be that most of the lads he liked a lot aren't there any more, and he's not close with anyone there. Woah.

Who is that then? Sancho, Greenwood? Brandon Williams!?

That 3-5-2 formation looks very, very good on paper. Imagine Cunha & Neto running at them on the break 😍

I’d go with this. Tommy Doyle deserves to keep his place & Bellegarde is, regretfully, offering nothing at the moment (think he needs a season to acclimatise to the league etc).
I agree, it looks a great line up, though mentioning exactly that line up to my son he feels its not attacking enough.

But without doubt our strength is consolidate and counterattack, spring the trap and attack with Neto and Cunha going for it.

Gary presser:

- Sarabia fit and available
- RAN fit & available to start
- Joao Gomes back from suspension, fit & available

"not ideal having to deal with the transfer deadline day and the match - it shouldn't happen"

"we are still looking for a 9, there are some things that are ongoing that we might be able to get something done. as i sit here right now there's still potential we can get something over the line in that area"

"i can speak about Nouha because that one's more or less done. Exciting talent, not expected to impact the first team group immediately"

"We have the best injury record in the league which we hope is sustainable. We do have a little bit of cover in the forward areas but if we were to lose a couple of people we don't have enough for my liking"

Same, I'm not particularly sold on Bellegarde tbh, it's unclear to me what he is, despite flashes of ability
Yep. Far from convinced, but willing to give him the time to acclimatise this season. It's only because our lack of depth/options that he's essentially being shoe-horned in to a position he hasn't really played before. Hopefully we'll see more of him next season, but he's been disappointing so far.

I take some positives from the fact Gaz hasn't shut down the possibility of bringing in a forward outright. I doubt it will be the case, but could we potentially get one of those real left-field, names out of nowhere situations that we've had in the past, over the next day or so?

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we go back to Southampton with a £4m ish offer for Adams, that might be enough (they wanted £6m IIRC)

£4m for someone who is on a free in less than six months, has no improvement in him and has never really been PL quality doesn't strike me as something we'd do.

£4m for someone who is on a free in less than six months, has no improvement in him and has never really been PL quality doesn't strike me as something we'd do.
Not sure that his value in 6 months is relevant, we should base our valuation on what he’s worth to us now. I think he’d be ok, not an exciting signing but he’d fit with how we play and we know exactly what we’re getting, unlike Willian Jose😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back