• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd (H) 1/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what. Win tomorrow and we go above both Utd & Chelsea. Motivation, if ever we needed it. Plus we owe them one from the opening day of the season anyway!

Tell you what. Win tomorrow and we go above both Utd & Chelsea. Motivation, if ever we needed it. Plus we owe them one from the opening day of the season anyway!
Let's hope they get a dodgy refereeing decision against them to make sure we get the 3 points.

We should be having them both, they’re genuinely rotten at the mo and we seem to have stopped gifting goals once every 65’ or so.

re: Jean; I don’t think he’s played his natural position even a single time for us as yet. You can see the tools are there for him, though.

re: Jean; I don’t think he’s played his natural position even a single time for us as yet. You can see the tools are there for him, though.
About the nearest was when he played as the most advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3 on his debut vs Liverpool. Then he got sent off at Luton (his own fault) and we shifted to three centre halves after that, and we know we can't move from that at the moment because Kilman in particular goes from looking like he actually might be worth close to £30m to looking like he's worth £300k if we do.

If you played the 3-5-2 I outlined in the OP then he could fit into a similar role there, but he doesn't deserve a shirt ahead of any of Lemina, J Gomes or Doyle right now.

Win by 3 goals and we go above Brighton too, don't we?

I'd be looking for 4 points from the next two matches - don't care how we get them ( win tonight or Sunday ) . Getting 6 points is a stretch I think without a quality finisher .

I'd be looking for 4 points from the next two matches - don't care how we get them ( win tonight or Sunday ) . Getting 6 points is a stretch I think without a quality finisher .
But we've only failed to score in 3 league games all season?

15 goals in our last 7 games, albeit one went to extra time.

We should be having them both, they’re genuinely rotten at the mo and we seem to have stopped gifting goals once every 65’ or so.

What is his natural position though? On evidence so far, I dont see where he can fit in unless its an emergency.
If everyone is fit, the only player he could possibly compete with for a shirt - at a stretch, is Sarabia

Last edited:
But we've only failed to score in 3 league games all season?

15 goals in our last 7 games, albeit one went to extra time.
I'm not saying we won't score - that stat has improved a huge amount in recent times . I'm just thinking that in order to get 6 points we'll need to score a higher % of the good chances we create , and that's where we might fall down without Hwang .

Hope to be proven wrong .

Brighton away - created a fair few chances , but couldn't convert . West Brom - not sure a PL team would have conceded either goal .

I'm not saying we won't score - that stat has improved a huge amount in recent times . I'm just thinking that in order to get 6 points we'll need to score a higher % of the good chances we create , and that's where we might fall down without Hwang .

Hope to be proven wrong .

Brighton away - created a fair few chances , but couldn't convert . West Brom - not sure a PL team would have conceded either goal .
Whenever you mention our lack of goalscoring it reads more and more like this

Can’t wait to see the bench tonight with all that strength & depth.

Leaving Sarabia and RAN on the bench.

Unchanged.

Meaning Doc at left back instead of RAN & Bellegarde in the role he’s not comfortable in.

Rashford starts for them.

Their starting 11 looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back