• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Aston Villa: Verdict Thread

I think Neto has to be ahead to get that. They just collide side by side and Kamara doesn’t really make a challenge.

Multiple times in this match alone where players went down like that and the ref waved it away. Followed by lots of arm flapping from whichever player was involved.
Ref didn't wave away the 3 times Fabio just pushed people over.

It doesn't, refs have got wise to Cunha, Neto and to a lesser degree Hwang falling over
Think that's a bit harsh on Neto on Sunday, Villa player stepped across him, there was contact and it knocked Neto off balance who was moving at speed, no chance that was a dive or simulation. I didn't expect a penalty for it but have seen them given.

Should have been a penalty and a red for Doc for DOGSO without making an attempt to play the ball.

Should have been a penalty and a red for Doc for DOGSO without making an attempt to play the ball.
..but he played the ball with a shot into the side netting. It didn't deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity as the chance was still there albeit it did put him off his balance. Penalty - probably, sending off - no.

Multiple times in this match alone where players went down like that and the ref waved it away. Followed by lots of arm flapping from whichever player was involved.

The issue is not so much with whether it was/wasn’t a foul. It’s the inconsistency of the referees. On another day it’s given and no one bats an eyelid.
I would have, tbh.

By the letter of the law and precedent, it’s probably a foul. It’s absolutely weak as piss though and I hate when they’re given.

Ref didn't wave away the 3 times Fabio just pushed people over.
But did when Cunha was pushed over twice. And Hwang. Both left throwing their arms up exasperated on the floor.

You said “they’re given anywhere else on the pitch” and that’s demonstrably not true.

If anything, your point backs mine up, in that the refs just seem to make it up as they go along.

Back