• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 13/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Nuno will be after a favour off us. I'm not especially minded to give him one as he's inherited a squad full of absolute pricks, the club has ridden roughshod over the financial rules with zero contrition and more than anything else, I don't want a good season petering out into nothing. Prolonged bad form can bleed over, we saw that with Lage (albeit we are nowhere near as bad now as we were under him in the final 3 months of 2021/22, and have a load more mitigation in any case). Europe might be an increasingly distant hope but we need to finish as high as we can.

One of our regular nemeseseseseses Chris Wood is in pretty lethal form, 9 goals in 10 games I believe. Awoniyi will still be missing, Morgan Gibbs-White will doubtless be out to prove that he's the hardest kid in the playground (if he hides behind the bigger boys when it actually kicks off) and Ryan Yates will continue to take on the Harry Arter/Ben Pearson role of "I won't bother playing football, I'll just be an arse for 90 minutes". They're pretty terrible at the back, they always give up tons of chances a game, no matter who they play against.

One would hope that Cunha is fit to start this one and Hwang can play some part off the bench. DO NOT PLAY MATT FUCKING DOHERTY, please, I beg you.

------------------------------Sa--------------------------

----------------Kilman-------Dawson-----Toti-----------

Semedo----------Lemina--------J Gomes-------H Bueno

---------------Sarabia------Cunha------Ait-Nouri---------

2023/24: D 1-1 (H)
2022/23: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2021/22: W 4-0 (A, LC)
2017/18: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2016/17: W 1-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2015/16: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/09: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/05: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/03: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/02: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/01: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/00: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/98: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/95: L 2-3 (H, LC)

Never tire of some vintage action, even if it is now inexplicably getting close to 25 years ago.

Really don't want to lose to these but I feel they'll be wanting it more and unless Cunha can start and hit some kind of previous form we're in for another struggle.

We might control the game for spells but goals win games and if we go behind I can't back us at the minute to get back in it.

Team picks itself really, other than GON not trusting Bueno over Doherty.

........................ Sa

............ Santi Kilman Toti

Semedo Lemina Gomes Bueno

........ Sarabia Cunha RAN

Our last defeat there (penalty losses don't count either in the actual history books or my book) was all the way back in 2013 under Saunders. Imagine the sheer pace of that back four and the energy in central midfield.

----------------------Ikeme---------------------

Doherty---------Johnson-------Gorkss-------Ward

Edwards---------Henry--------O'Hara--------Sako

---------------Sigurdarson----Ebanks-Blake---------

Without wanting to start the debate again, so take it just at face value, it's pretty miraculous that Doherty started in that side which was heading for League 1 and 11 years later there's a decent chance he'll be playing for the same established PL side.

it's pretty miraculous that Doherty started in that side which was heading for League 1 and 11 years later there's a decent chance he'll be playing for the same established PL side.
and in between became a key member of a team flying to the PL, getting into Europe, leaving for a decent wedge to join a Mourinho team before ending up with Atletico before coming back to us after bumping into someone whilst playing golf

Not even Dream Team would have ran that kind of story

He's also not the only member of that matchday squad to be playing Premier League football in 2024.

Jack Robinson was an unused sub for us.

L1 title
Champ title
2 x Prem 7th placed finishes
Scored (and assisted) at Wembley for us
Played and scored for us in Europe
Over 300 games, 30 odd goals (and loads of assists)
Bought for 100k, sold for 15million

He's had an excellent Wolves career.

L1 title
Champ title

I mean Lewis Capaldi has had an excellent music career, but fuck ever listening to any of his records :D

I guess it’s opinion not fact but Nuno found the perfect role for him, but either side of that he’s been a weak link in the team.

L1 title
Champ title

You're a bad man😆

Edit. I'm making an assumption you're male which obviously I shouldn't do.

I am just chatting facts.

Forgot to add he won a fan's POTS award too.
Putting him in the same rarefied air as Mark Rankine, Henri Camara and Richard Stearman. Name a suite apiece after them in the Billy Wright Stand ASAP.

He wouldn't be starting if Hobbs had done his job properly in the Summer.

He should 100% be fitter and no, he shouldn't be starting Premier League matches in 2024 - but ultimately if you were listing players who have had least positive impact on performance and results this season you wouldn't even have him in the top 5.

Putting him in the same rarefied air as Mark Rankine, Henri Camara and Richard Stearman. Name a suite apiece after them in the Billy Wright Stand ASAP.
And also the same company as Neves, Neto, Raul, Lescott, Rae and Bully.

I am just chatting facts.

Forgot to add he won a fan's POTS award too.
stop it!!

He wouldn't be starting if Hobbs had done his job properly in the Summer.

He should 100% be fitter and no, he shouldn't be starting Premier League matches in 2024 - but ultimately if you were listing players who have had least positive impact on performance and results this season you wouldn't even have him in the top 5.
Yeah I can’t believe his physical condition at all. Worse for me is he can’t open his hips up and receive on his left foot when playing on that side, that infuriates me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back