• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 13/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also the same company as Neves, Neto, Raul, Lescott, Rae and Bully.
Similar to Mercury Prize winners Primal Scream, Suede, Pulp, Badly Drawn Boy, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Elbow, PJ Harvey...and M People :D

(In all seriousness whoever won in 2016 was a tallest dwarf, he wasn't beating anyone with a serious claim, I wanted to vote for Afobe who left in January and Jez wouldn't let me. Rankine beating Kelly in 1995, Camara beating Rae in 2004, Foley beating SEB or Kightly in 2009, Craddock beating Doyle in 2010 and Stearman beating Sako in 2015 were total scandals, never trust our fans with anything ever).

Just so you know, I didn't vote for Rankine [in any year] ;)

Edit: I don't think I've ever voted being why I'm so sure.

POTS should be between Lemina, Cunha and RAN. Fan vote Ait-Nouri or Gomes?

Watch what happens in April and May, if someone plays well they'll shoot right up the list of favourites (which is of course nonsense, but I may as well scream at the grass on my back lawn and tell it not to grow).

Like if Hwang does come back soon and scores another 3-4 then I reckon he'd win. It wouldn't be an absolute travesty as double figure PL seasons don't come around that often for us (he's one of a club of three with Fletcher and Raul as it stands, Jota or Doyle didn't do it and Cunha isn't quite there yet) but he hasn't been our best player.

Henri Camara winning it in 03/04 was a comedy, only hit real form from about February onwards. Alex Rae by far was the best performer that season.

Of all the ones DW put up, the one I take exception to his Foley, principally because I bored for him

Of all the ones DW put up, the one I take exception to his Foley, principally because I bored for him
He was quality, but SEB got like 25 goals and I think Kites was close to 20 assists, he shouldn't have been in the conversation

Don't get me wrong, I loved him around that time. Two blissful years of "he's at RB, I haven't got to worry about that". Then we signed Pissed Horse Zubar.

Putting him in the same rarefied air as Mark Rankine, Henri Camara and Richard Stearman. Name a suite apiece after them in the Billy Wright Stand ASAP.
Mark Rankine has a suite named after him at Deepdale!!!

Don't get me wrong, I loved him around that time. Two blissful years of "he's at RB, I haven't got to worry about that". Then we signed Pissed Horse Zubar.
Originally as a CB tho wasn’t it?

Apparently RAN was in the gym not the grass yesterday

Any news from todays press conference? Can't find anything as yet but being off twitter doesn't help.

On his FA charge: "It's probably best for me not to comment until the process is complete."

On VAR: "You can feel it nationally, there's a lot of frustration around some of the decisions. It's not been all bad, but there's a desire from everybody for the standard to improve."

Welcome semi-auto offsides? "I think so, depending on the accuracy. I've spoken to Howard Webb a lot on the accuracy this season and give him my views on it. Hopefully this is part of the improvement."

On points lost to VAR: "I don't blame anyone else but us. There will be many clubs that could claim they would be higher without certain decisions. My concern with Saturday's decision is that it's still deemed by the officials to be correct."

"I've spoken to Howard Webb about proximity to the goalkeeper, but there's nothing in the rules about that. It's important that things are clear. We should have a good idea of what's coming next with VAR."

"I thought VAR would definitely help. But I do feel it can either get better or just go back to where we were with on-field decisions. I'm not sure we've improved the entertainment factor."

On Forest: "It's an incredibly tough game. They will feel they have a really good chance, especially with the players we have missing. I'm surprised they are where they are in the league. They have a really strong squad."

On Nuno: "I'm familiar with the incredible work he did here. A fantastic journey and the fans are very fond of him. He's an excellent coach and has showed some good signs at Forest."

Team news: "Hee-chan is in the matchday squad. Fantastic for us. Cunha is still fine, Dawson too. It's probably too early for Bellegarde. Rayan will travel with the group, he's had a minor issue, but I envisage him being part of the match day squad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back