• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest (A) 13/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I was thinking the same about you.
He was the only player (in the first half in particular) who put his foot on the ball & actually looked for his teammates. Won the ball back a fair amount and a lot of our play went through him.

As I say, no idea what you were watching. Have missed you on the forum though x

He was the only player (in the first half in particular) who put his foot on the ball & actually looked for his teammates. Won the ball back a fair amount and a lot of our play went through him.

As I say, no idea what you were watching. Have missed you on the forum though x
I mean if you liked passing backwards to spaces, giving the ball away constantly, having no physical presence and seeing him completely schooled by MGW as a positive then I guess Doyle was your man.

Forest ran past him like he wasn't there and then showed him to have the ball in places that weren't going to hurt them. Both Danillo and MGW destroyed him constantly. I don't think he win a single tackle, same as Sarabia.

I wouldn't exercise the option on Doyle at all as I think he's a championship level player, but I realise that's not a popular opinion.

But then football is all about opinions isn't it?

He’s very good technically but I do worry if he’ll ever be able to cope consistently physically. Like Johnny said sometimes they just go by him like he’s not there. He’s young though. I think for the fee I’d take him, he’s shown in glimpses that he’s capable.

Doyle did seem to keep trying to play back in to defence even when Forest were showing him forward. Actually seemed harder passes into defence round people rather than simple balls forward into midfield. It kept happening and I found it bizarre so assumed it was tactical instruction.

Full 90 minutes on Sky's game of the day now.

Has Bear been sacked btw ?

Edit - No, closing 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back