• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Shocked and in a state of disbelief.
The club certainly kept it under wraps. Sad day

It can't be Fosun, surely? They admitted there were no expectations this season following Raul's injury. It must have come from Nuno...

Who on earth do we get to replace him?
It says mutual consent, which says to me that Nuno wanted to walk.

What a terrible bastard of a season this has been.

It says mutual consent, which says to me that Nuno wanted to walk.

What a terrible bastard of a season this has been.

I think mutual consent likely means mutual consent. He won't be out of a job for long, that is for sure.

Gobsmacked.

Thank you, Nuno.

How ambitious/stupid are our owners to get rid!? Their expectations are clearly far higher than mine!

:cry:

Simple as.

We knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't believe it would be so soon.

Maybe he will go back to Portugal...

Spending a near 15 months with fleeting family contact will make anybody consider it. Go see you family enjoy a period off Nuno. You will always be loved at Wolves. Sunday now becomes a very different atmosphere..

How ambitious/stupid are our owners to get rid!? Their expectations are clearly far higher than mine!

Suppose it depends who Jorge has offered us maybe? But this could potentially start a bit of a player exodus unless we have someone blockbuster lined up.

If it's another Walter Zenga...

Nooo! Truly gutting - must be his own decision. I don't expect him to take another job immediately in England, must be wanting to be closer to home. He has taken us so so far, I have no doubt we could've gone further yet under him.

P.S. it's Jinky's fault...

Maybe he just feels he has taken us as far as he can, similar to Valencia/Porto.

This is so sad. I think the season and the pandemic as a whole has really taken its toll on Nuno.

On a personal level if he wasn't happy and wanted to leave then I can't be too upset about him leaving.

Better this way then getting sacked or walking half way through a season

At least it’s on good terms. No one actually wanted him getting abuse after a shit start next year and being forced out after all he’s done. (not saying that definitely would have happened).

Absolutely gutted! At least I'll be there to see him off

Thank you Nuno!

Some are suggestimg Steve Gerrard was approached, but no word on anything else

Back