• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Me and Cass got up town early so had a late breakfast, bought a coffee and went for a stroll around town to kill some time til our table booking. We saw this. On the back of a street sign. Behind the fucking Civic. The man is a legend and will always be one of us.

Nuno.jpeg

One of them stuck on the lamppost by the side entrance to the Western as well

(Also a Dave Edwards sticker below it, donā€™t tell DW)

Awww crap... I don't want to put myself forward as the resident grammar nazi, just the "mass exodus" phrase triggers me (along with one or two others...).
I would suggest that that is a confirmational statement rather than a tautology? At a stretch it might be considered a compound sentence..?
"Ever" is certainly a redundancy, but tell that to Echo and the Bunnymen...

Cracking article, and he is right: this feels massive for the club because Nuno did just get it. He got the club, he got the city and he got the fans. And the greatest gift he has given the fans is a cracking foundation with exciting, young players for a new manager to build on.

The more I read the more I'm convinced this is a mutual decision.

One of the commentators talked about Nuno leaving Wolves in a better position than when he arrived, which is so very true. I also then thought about the players and staff, most of the players who've worked under Nuno are now in a better position than when they arrived.

One of the commentators talked about Nuno leaving Wolves in a better position than when he arrived, which is so very true. I also then thought about the players and staff, most of the players who've worked under Nuno are now in a better position than when they arrived.

He alluded in his post-match yesterday that the players are fully committed to the project and to Wolves. Obviously that remains to be seen but it was re-assuring nonetheless.

Cracking article, and he is right: this feels massive for the club because Nuno did just get it. He got the club, he got the city and he got the fans. And the greatest gift he has given the fans is a cracking foundation with exciting, young players for a new manager to build on.

The more I read the more I'm convinced this is a mutual decision.
I nailed my colours to the mutual consent mast on Saturday, nothing Iā€™ve seen with my own eyes since makes me think differently.

I do think Nuno has been suffering with personal issues since lockdown, I do think that this has impacted his ability to do his job as well as he is capable of. I was hoping we/he could forget about this sorry excuse for a season, and that Nuno would take some time off, regroup and go again in the summer.....so Iā€™m upset that wonā€™t happen.

I suspect the club probably did instigate the idea of a split but that Nuno was part of discussions rather than being marched in to see Jeff. There may have also been disagreements as to the future direction of the club which also contributed to the split. Like most things in life, I doubt this comes down to a single factor.

I just refuse to accept that the guy we saw yesterday was someone who had been forced out of his job completely against his will. I think he had plenty of say on this behind the scenes, much like how itā€™s been since he joined the club.

He did say that all the decisions since day one have always been mutual decisions.

ā€œIt is not goodbye, it is see you soonā€. Maybe be a bit radical thinking but maybe Nunoā€™s done in management after the last couple of years and may return in some other capacity when heā€™s spent time with his family? I donā€™t think Nuno is the kind of person to allude to coming back as manager of another team, heā€™s too classy for that. Could be wrong but that sentence seems quite weighty unless Iā€™m just reading too much into it or being too hopeful.

Back