• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Tim has written what feels like a Eulogy, apart his normal weird infatuation with Austrian pre-season its a good read (dons tin hat): Nuno just got it – The Athletic
To be fair it's one of the best articles he's written on Wolves. Pretty much on point.
When we all look back at this era we're all going to hope it isn't with regret for what could have been, but rather in fondness as it was a stepping stone to better things.
Over to you then Jeff......

When he said "See you soon" maybe he comes back as DOF. Just a thought.

I think people are reading too much in to the "see you soon" thing. I'm sure all he meant by that was, he's going to have a break away from football and we'll see him when he returns to management, wherever that may be.

Or that he suspects he'll go on to manage a Champions League/Europa/Premier League club and we'll see him there.

I think people are reading too much in to the "see you soon" thing. I'm sure all he meant by that was, he's going to have a break away from football and we'll see him when he returns to management, wherever that may be.
I understand why, but I think there's a lot of over and wishful thinking generally in terms of what's gone on

That seems most likely. I expect there's a Portuguese equivalent of hasta la vista in common usage. When we say 'tarrar for a bit' no one thinks we've made a date in the diary to see them again.

"Goodbye and thank you to Nuno. But to see the flashing "Thank you Nuno" signs from Wolves? Oh, please. Spare me.
You sacked him #wwfc. Rightly or wrongly. But you sacked him. You. Jeff Shi & Fosun. This is your sacking.
And whatever happens next - you own it. No-one else.
Classic Charles Ross.

That seems most likely. I expect there's a Portuguese equivalent of hasta la vista in common usage. When we say 'tarrar for a bit' no one thinks we've made a date in the diary to see them again.
I might have to stop saying "catch you later"...

He may have left our club, but he'll never leave our hearts

Yeah I wouldn't read that much into it. It's the kind of thing you say to comfort the other person when you know you're probably not going to see them again.

With all the backroom staff leaving as well, who would now put a fitness plan for players to adhere to whilst they're on their break? I presume all our physios, doctors ect. are contracted to the club rather than part of the managerial package?

Hopefully it's not like when you write "keep in touch" in someone's leaving card at work, when you have no intension of seeing them ever again.

With all the backroom staff leaving as well, who would now put a fitness plan for players to adhere to whilst they're on their break? I presume all our physios, doctors ect. are contracted to the club rather than part of the managerial package?

Yeah, most of them pre-date Nuno.

Reactions: SSB
We have a saying for this.

"Não é um adeus, é um até já"

Literally meaning, it's not a goodbye/farewell, it's a see you soon.

Is Spanish no one uses Hasta la Vista.
Its usually Hasta Luego, translates to until Later. In Andalucia it is usually just Luego. But then Andalucia is a lazy dialect, Buenas Dia being replaced by Buena

Is Spanish no one uses Hasta la Vista.
Its usually Hasta Luego, translates to until Later. In Andalucia it is usually just Luego. But then Andalucia is a lazy dialect, Buenas Dia being replaced by Buena
Or the classical "Vale" that is sometimes used as a "later" kind-of slang, I guess.

JDR - Vale pronounced 'Bale' remembering Spanish is phonetic is used by us as 'OK"
Venga again the V pronounced as a B, means come, or when my Bulgarian pal is playing for the pool team, he speaks little English fluent Spanish, i always shout Venga to him.

Don’t say it like a B. Say it by trying to say ‘b’ but without letting your lips touch.

JDR - Vale pronounced 'Bale' remembering Spanish is phonetic is used by us as 'OK"
Venga again the V pronounced as a B, means come, or when my Bulgarian pal is playing for the pool team, he speaks little English fluent Spanish, i always shout Venga to him.
Yeah, I know. But I've met some people who use "Vale"as goodbye of sorts in slang. You meet someone on the street, chat a bit then "bale!". A short "later" kind of deal, "okay nice seeing you bye" in one short word.

Back