• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Yep how we got from the bottom half of the championship table to consecutive 7th place Premier League finishes and a European quarter final within three years is a mystery 🤷‍♂️.

Then I think he’s wrong, tbh
We don't really know who know's what, eg each Spiers piece contradicts the last, but you'd think the guy who sat down with all the top brass for 2hrs+ the week before Nuno left would have as good as sense at to what went on as anyone, particularly if he's putting that in an article

Yep how we got from the bottom half of the championship table to consecutive 7th place Premier League finishes and a European quarter final within three years is a mystery 🤷‍♂️.
Because our recruitment was excellent up until February 2019 (y)

Palace want Nuno and his backroom staff

It's Nixon, therefore made up but until he gets another job he'll be favourite for any none Top half PL opening which becomes available I'd have thought.

Several news outlets now saying Nuno has been in three day talks with Palace....

Everton also thrown their hat into the proverbial Nuno ring.
As others have said if he goes to either Palace or Everton you know 100% he was sacked from here.
It might all be press horseshit but seems a big rumour.

I'm in the 'mutual agreement' camp as that's how I cope with it, and I'm pretty sure the truth is somewhere in the middle (as always)

I am in the "he was pushed whilst he was contemplating jumping camp"

Mind you in he goes to Palace or Everton that will be all horseshit.

But there again if it was a sacking it was the most bizarre sacking ever, no mate stop on for a week, have a lap of honour ?

Why not, makes no difference does it. We had nothing to play for from the minute we chucked the cup game vs Southampton.

We sacked him.

In talks with Everton now, bet Palace fans are pissed...

I hope he doesn't go to either. Won't be good for Lage, Jeff and therefore the club as a whole if he's still in the PL and gets off to a good start and we don't

I can see him landing at Everton moreso than Palace.

Everton is surely a much more attractive job, and a step up for him in terms of budget. He'd be a great fit for them culturally, just what they need

Tbh, I still think he'll be taking a year off. But you never know, it's probably one hell of a wage.

Had a thought this morning (doesn't happen very often). A year ago Nuno was saying that we needed to change to a more possession-based style. Then he completely failed to achieve it, since it's just not how his teams play. Well maybe it was really Jeff who wanted the change, not Nuno. Perhaps Jeff believed that a more positive and attractive style would help grow the 'brand'.
A year later and not just no progress has been made, but there are no signs that it can be made. So it becomes one of the factors in saying bye-bye Nuno.

Had a thought this morning (doesn't happen very often). A year ago Nuno was saying that we needed to change to a more possession-based style. Then he completely failed to achieve it, since it's just not how his teams play. Well maybe it was really Jeff who wanted the change, not Nuno. Perhaps Jeff believed that a more positive and attractive style would help grow the 'brand'.
A year later and not just no progress has been made, but there are no signs that it can be made. So it becomes one of the factors in saying bye-bye Nuno.

I'd be reasonably uncomfortable if a 'suit' starts imposing themselves on the sporting aesthetics. Sure, intervene if results aren't being met but if you have an executive telling you how to play it'll lead to being told who to play. Fuck that.

Back