• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

I'd be reasonably uncomfortable if a 'suit' starts imposing themselves on the sporting aesthetics. Sure, intervene if results aren't being met but if you have an executive telling you how to play it'll lead to being told who to play. Fuck that.
Of course. So maybe not Jeff telling Nuno exactly what to do, but they discuss possible improvements on the pitch and Jeff makes a suggestion.

Or, you know, if you want to win things you have to dominate possession and it was the natural progression for the team to take...

Couple of my Everton supporting mates are feeling the same, they don't want him there either

Everton have delusions of grandeur. Nuno isn’t a big name in the eyes of their fans. That’s all.

He'll get them organised and playing some tidy stuff. I reckon they'd start well under Nuno and probably be up there amongst the top 6 for most of the season. They are serial underachievers and with a decent manager in charge, they could be regularly pushing for the european places.

He'll get them organised and playing some tidy stuff. I reckon they'd start well under Nuno and probably be up there amongst the top 6 for most of the season. They are serial underachievers and with a decent manager in charge, they could be regularly pushing for the european places.
Don't you think Ancelloti is a 'decent manager'?

Don't you think Ancelloti is a 'decent manager'?
I think he's a different type of manager to Nuno. Perhaps I should have worded it better. Nuno will get them defensively organised. They have the players at the club that can play the kind of system/style that Nuno is comfortable with, and they'd also make additions in the market.

“I don’t want that my team has a really clear identity,” Ancelotti explained.

“If you have a really clear identity, then you can play football in only one way.

“You can play football in different ways. You can play football being aggressive, defensively, with an attacking style, with counter-attack.

“You cannot say one is good and one is not good. There is no one winning system.

That's basically the opposite to Nuno.

I think part of their appeal to Nuno is he can probably work with the players they have and I'm inclined to agree.

No money, Zaha wanting out once again, Eze and Townsend both long term injured and an ageing, predominantly out of contract squad.

He's very brave taking that up.

He could have done so much better. Pretty gutted he’s going to a direct rival so soon.

Well he got sacked didn’t he because he underperformed last year. So naturally he’s not going to join a top half club. Particularly when they want a better style regardless of his credentials.

Think I’d rather stay unemployed than join palace though. Guess the remit of “don’t get relegated” should be pretty easy to achieve.

Back