• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

So are we now saying that all the reams of emotive posts on here last season defending Nuno during our low points due to him being all sad and homesick were pretty much just speculation to dampen criticism?

Cos if he jumps straight into a new PL job without even pausing for breath I can't see how that adds up?
It doesn't, people made assumptions which turned out not to be true. That's the thing about assumptions....

The evidence is that he's left and looks like he's going to manage palace. Most of us would think he should be somewhere 'better' than palace but reality shows he isn't.

Maybe our assumptions and opinions have biases in that we don't recognise

Yeah, whatever arrangement it is we've come to (the paying him until he gets another job is common - this is why loads of dodgy Italian clubs sack a guy, bring in a replacement, sack him then go back to the original guy), we still sacked him.
My point on this though is yes we have sacked him, no arguments there, but the fact the sacked man has seemingly taken the cheaper option on what is owed to him would suggest he was quite happy for them to say thank you and goodbye

My point on this though is yes we have sacked him, no arguments there, but the fact the sacked man has seemingly taken the cheaper option on what is owed to him would suggest he was quite happy for them to say thank you and goodbye
Pure supposition on my part but maybe if they told him going forwards his role was to become more limited in transfers thats where things broke down.

Despite the differences they could count on his integrity to manage one last game in exchange for that they trotted out mutual consent.

Palace is about his level IMO. Fantastic human being but from a coaching perspective he's essentially a Portuguese Sam Allardyce minus the ability to coach set pieces.

Maybe SES fancies London more than Wolves and is going to move over to live with him (though I believe she has her own business interests in Portugal)

Palace have a LOT of work to do, but I can only presume he's been offered a decent budget. Would be ironic if it comes from the sale of Zaha. Surprised he's gone there so soon, thought he'd see what else was around for 6 months or so first. They have a certain ceiling I'm surprised he's accepting of that so soon.

Doubt we've paid his contract up yet so it helps Wolves financially, not sure it helps Lage or Jeff though

It doesn't help for me personally, I was buying the homesick theory and mutual consent etc, if Palace start in their usual fashion and Lage doesn't get a hot start then he is knackered. Fixtures are out on the 16th June, if we get Palace early and lose, then there will be a meltdown.

Scenes when Nuno returns with Palace and puts on an attacking clinic not seen in a Wolves/Palace game since a 90's cup tie ;)

Back