• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

Only just aware of this - it's made a shit week so much worse (have spent 2 hrs with the Police forensics team today dealing with the break in to the charity shop I help run)

The best manager we have had since Stan Cullis really - I am there Sunday so hopefully we can give him a send off he deserves.

Not even going to think about who next - need to let this news settle in my brain & emotions.

I think Gerrard and Beale are actually quite good but it would still be somewhat of a risk.

He'd get a work permit though...
Think Gerrard would rather have a crack at the CL with Rangers first.

Nuno gave us Moutinho, he gave us all a trip to Europe and put Wolves in Wembley. He gave us wins over Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. He took us to the premier league and he’s been fucking amazing.
But there’s a feeling that he’s become lost. He tried to change our identity (because we were a one trick pony) and he failed. His signings in the last 12 months have Largely been fucking awful. We are boring. We create nothing. We are awful at the back. That team v Everton was going down next year. So something had to change. We all agree on that. And maybe it’s time. We’ll all always love Nuno 🧡🖤

Had been very detached from this season. Hoped we were going to write it off, and look to reset with a decent closed season.

Now don't know what to think. Who on earth do we get as a replacement, especially as I don't see the transfer budget being huge.

Wow, huge summer coming up.

It was only a week or two ago he was saying he wanted a bigger squad for next season. I just can’t get my head round this.

I wonder if this relates to previous comments we've seen about using the English market more. Maybe we are after Graham Potter

I think its about missing his family. Months and months away from your family must have been heartbreaking for him.
I wish him all the best wherever he goes. He is a big part of Wolves history. Thank you Nuno, top man.

This; god forbid it isn't a (more) serious health issue but you never know. It does seem that this announcement is the conclusion of something which has been in the offing for a while though, so hopefully a new incumbent is not too far away.

I wonder if this relates to previous comments we've seen about using the English market more. Maybe we are after Graham Potter
I'd honestly take him as manager. Think he's got a good thing at Brighton though in his mind.

It was only a week or two ago he was saying he wanted a bigger squad for next season. I just can’t get my head round this.

I think it has been on the cards for a while, but he's hardly going to say "nah I won't be here next season, so I don't give a shit how big the squad is".

I didn't think anythign could make me feel worse, but there you go.
as i said not everyone's ideal, but think we need to stabilize next season to ensure Premier status. Bringing in another foreign coach, not used to the english game, could spell disaster.

Back