• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

By mutual consent doesn't suggest him being next Spurs manager. That's still little consolation though for losing him when we seemed to be ready to break into the top 6 next season.

Odds on favourite for Spurs job now. Hope not, but Mendes clearly must have influence there.

In the bad old days it'd be a list of
Allardyce,
Curbishley,
Warnock,
Bruce
Let's hope we aim higher than that.
I'm genuinely gutted at this, feels like a family members just died.

Levy has given a big speech about bringing back vibrant, attacking football to Spurs, find it very unlikely they are appointing Nuno

it would surprise me a bit if he went to spurs, think he really needs a break right now and then go back at managing again

So some selected PaddyPowers odds

Bruno Lage - 4/11
Paulo Fonseca - 6/1
Vitor Pereira - 9/1
Fucking Rafa - 10/1
Parker, Scott - 12/1
Rui Faria - 12/1
John Terry - 16/1
Steve Gerrard - 25/1

So some selected PaddyPowers odds

Bruno Lage - 4/11
Paulo Fonseca - 6/1
Vitor Pereira - 9/1
Fucking Rafa - 10/1
Parker, Scott - 12/1
Rui Faria - 12/1
John Terry - 16/1
Steve Gerrard - 25/1
Not sure I feel great about any of those.

I think Gerrard and Beale are actually quite good but it would still be somewhat of a risk.

He'd get a work permit though...

Throw in some more

Frank - 20/1
Dyche - 20/1
Howe - 20/1
Wilder - 18/1
Martinez - 16/1
Pedro Martins - 25/1
Patrick Vieira - 25/1

I think Gerrard and Beale are actually quite good but it would still be somewhat of a risk.
Back in the game

Ian-Beale-homeless.jpg

Nuno had at least proved himself a bit at Valencia, Lage has nothing under his belt.
We heard plenty about how the Valencia fans hated his style of football and were glad to see the back of him at the time.

I was ambivalent a few days ago, and remain that way. Great respect and gratitude to Nuno for how he has helped transform Wolves.

Obviously hope we get a replacement who can build on the foundations he has put in place.

I think this feels worse because of everything he has done for the city as well as the football club - his donation to Wolves Foundation, work with the University and so on. It's really sad news for all of Wolverhampton.

Had to log on at work just to say, I feel empty, just numb, knew the day would come eventually but secretly hoped it never would.

Back