• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Odd Football Grounds

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Feel free to add your own nominations:

FC Lahti:

133490585.jpg

Ski jumps :D

Artemio Franchi, Siena

stadio-artemio-franchi-Siena.jpg

Glebe Park, Brechin:

brechin-city-fc-glebe-park-hedge-side-1435169685.jpg

6065931459_8219a1c421.jpg

FC Braga (famous from Euro 2004):

PA-715820braga.jpg

Singapore:

rzcrorzbm3geeutyp0rf.jpg

Gibraltar:

gibraltar-futbol-soccer2.jpg

Central Coast Mariners:

Central-Coast-Stadium-h3.jpg

Pancho Arena, Hungary:

pancho_arena3_foto_takacs_jozsef.jpg

Dumbarton:

dumbarton-football-club-main-stand-1433500535.jpg

Vicente Calderon in Madrid and the ring road (sadly going after this season, they're moving to some soulless place near the airport):

UIbuQFO.jpg

Taiwan:

Natl-Stadium-Taiwan-aerial-photo-1-550x412.jpg

Stadio Sant'Elia, Cagliari, built inside the original stadium which they never bothered knocking down:

4741683_640px.jpg

Mmabatho Stadium, South Africa:

default.jpg

mabopane_odi1.jpg

Falkirk:

falkirk-stadium.jpg

Perennial favourite Kenilworth Road:

rjzGVuI.jpg

PY6mZtP.jpg

Faroe Islands:

1zgte78.jpg

Some of those are brilliant. The South African one is just batshit :icon_lol:

Not that it would have ever happened but Portsmouth's proposed new stadium was crazy:

thehard1.jpg

thehard3.jpg

Portsmouth_Dockland_Stadium.jpg

Good access roads, lads.

I've been to the Siena one!

Ochilview Road Stennie - built into a biscuit factory. Shit football but ACE smell.

Been to see them a few times when I lived there, love the Kassam Stadium with just 3 stands and a car park where the fourth stand should be.

aerial-view-of-oxford-united-football-club-kassam-stadium-uk-FGPCMC.jpg

The Kassam Stadium Panoramic 2.jpg

Attachments

• kassam.jpg
    kassam.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 20
The Singapore and Faroe Islands grounds... Danny Batth could get the ball into the sea, easy!

NK Imotski, Croatia. I'm not going to pretend I understand what's going on here.

novi-projekt-za-stadion-gospin-dolac-u-imotskom-635857260632772640-3_800_600.jpeg

IMG_2497.JPGIMG_2497.JPG

Gap between Dundee and Dundee Utd grounds been to both and they're both shite.

IMG_2498.JPG

Who remembers this shithole away at Burnden with the supermarket blocking the view of the one corner.

Burnden Park was bloody horrible.

Hull had a similar thing with one of their stands at Boothferry Park.

Boothferry%20Park%201.jpg

8563106907_bfcb6fff48_b.jpg

I try and bleach my mind of that particular cunt hole.

Brunton Park - Carlisle. Big new stand, cunningly positioned so a third of it provides a view of the rear of the end terrace and the park next door. Genius.

Went there twice in the 90's vile place that and Oxfords old manor ground.

The Manor was a deathtrap. Easily the worst ground in professional football I've ever been to. Bonus stupid Lego stands to go with the dreadful away end.

manorground.jpg

oxford11.jpg

Filbert Street was weird too. One quality new stand (which you never saw on TV as they put the cameras in there) and three strange stands which didn't match each other.

FilbertStreet130502a.jpg

The Singapore and Faroe Islands grounds... Danny Batth could get the ball into the sea, easy!

It would be all I was trying to do if I played on those pitches...

I can remember it before the new stand. My student house was the other side so I got a free bit of football while the new stand went up. The terraces for the away (bottom right of the picture and far side of the pitch, although it has been seated in that later shot) were bloody deadly and the rest of the joint made Kenilworth Road look like the Maracana.

La Bombonera of Boca Juniors. I remember seeing it on TV and it always stuck in my mind with that vertical stand on one side.

Bombonera+vac%C3%ADa.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

I've played cricket at a couple of Power Station grounds and they were a nightmare. Bear might remember Drakelow Power Station with the humming of the overhead lines that could also be hit if a skier went up.

Back