• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Odd Football Grounds

I certainly do. Can hear it from my house.

Montreal Impact

800px-Saputo_Stadium-e1339803892804.jpg

8 years ago now but it was left unsecured so you could just wander in to the stadium and walk about. Looking at Google it looks to have changed quite a lot since then. It's built on the site of the '76 Olympic Games and the stadium and tower is still there.

Olympique_from_Saputo.jpg

Another Croatian classic, Stadion Kantrida.

AV_073.jpg

stadion-kantrida-north-stand.jpg

Love the Dumbarton one. Must be so damn windy.

View attachment 1624View attachment 1624

Gap between Dundee and Dundee Utd grounds been to both and they're both shite.

Dundee are moving out of Dens apparently.

The Falkirk one is interesting, they originally wanted just two stands along the sides like the Braga stadium but one of them was denied planning permission because it was inside the Grangemouth BP plant blast radius. :icon_lol:

Maine Road was a very odd stadium it was like they just built 4 random stands together then chucked in 2 sets of temporary uncovered seating areas.

mcfc94.jpg

Attachments

• mcfc94.jpg
    mcfc94.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 16
Stark's Park, home of Raith Rovers is a strange one with its 3 and a half stands...

Stark'sPark.jpg

Perennial favourite Kenilworth Road:

rjzGVuI.jpg

PY6mZtP.jpg

Just a note on Kennilworth Road it has the worst away end in the history of English football. The fact they never actually properly converted it to seating and bolted seats to the terraces makes it horrid to sit or stand on.

Also this

4bfebeaee59bbfe1167b7ac5656d8fa6.jpg

I remember drunk barry jumping into that garden and trying all the ladies pants on.

IMG_2499.jpg

Aeslund in Norway this stand is basically just a huge grass bank.

One of my own photos of *that* away end at Luton - taken before our 3-2 win there in 2007.

320507_10151935616605016_1492368263_n.jpg

Epic comb over Langers.

Isn't that Paddy with the comb over? (faces ban hammer)

The Motherwell Stand ( Kópavogsvöllur Stadium, Kópavogur, Iceland)

25ppogp.jpg

How can anyone forget the dells rather weird stand behind the goal definitely a good use of getting the most out of the room it had.

dell3.jpg

Attachments

• 25ppogp.jpg
    25ppogp.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 22
Always thought Northampton Town was an odd ground, one of the stands always reminded me it was made out of a Mecano set, and to the right the cricket ground!

Just a note on Kennilworth Road it has the worst away end in the history of English football. The fact they never actually properly converted it to seating and bolted seats to the terraces makes it horrid to sit or stand on.

Also this

4bfebeaee59bbfe1167b7ac5656d8fa6.jpg

I played at Kenilworth Road in a 3-3 draw on the plastic pitch back in around 1989 and conceded the only goal I have ever been able to put down to tennis ball bounce. The striker volleyed a shot into the plastic pitch and it bounced unnaturally way over me and looped into the net. It also took about 3 baths to get all the sand out of the cracks in my skin, my hair. Bloody awful. Thank god they have got a lot better now

Not sure if been posted but the amount of time it took me to find this thread I don't care :icon_lol:

henningsvr-stadion-46

That is awesome. Where is it?

Back