• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Olympic Games 2020 (2021)

If you didn’t like seeing the German girl crying at Wembley don’t watch the horse riding in the modern pentathlon. They draw horses and from being in a commanding lead it all fell apart due to the horse deciding that it didn’t want to take part.

OK I have (by mistake) found the most boring Olympic sportni have ever watched. The other night at 4am, it was so hot I got up for a cold shower, made a cuppa and thought aha let's have a peek at the olympics.
Having missed the start and seeing loads of women's heads in the big lake I thought it was the women's triathlon, so I figured I would watch until the first changeover, swimming to bikes and then get the zzzzsin.
I watched, I watched and I tried to figure out how many laps of bobbing heads I would have to watch before the change over to bikes, that is when the Greek commentator finally mentions that I was watching the women's swimming marathon, fuck fuck fuck, half an hour of my life I will never get back!

If you didn’t like seeing the German girl crying at Wembley don’t watch the horse riding in the modern pentathlon. They draw horses and from being in a commanding lead it all fell apart due to the horse deciding that it didn’t want to take part.
It's a pure cunt of a sport, years and years of training and it's all fucked because you had the bad luck to draw a nag which woke up this morning with a strop on.

Italians beat us again. It was there for the taking. I’d have settled for silver beforehand.

Comfortably ahead of the Beijing total medal haul. One more gold would equal the total from those games too.

London and Rio totals are still way out in front but it shows what a successful run of four games GB has had. If the rowing hadn’t been so shit this time could definitely gone close to the London totals.

Comfortably ahead of the Beijing total medal haul. One more gold would equal the total from those games too.

London and Rio totals are still way out in front but it shows what a successful run of four games GB has had. If the rowing hadn’t been so shit this time could definitely gone close to the London totals.

The medal total is fabulous. If you think back to the 80s and 90s it’s ridiculous in comparison.
In one way you have to feel sorry for some gold medalists as they used to say you could earn upto a million in sponsorship/advertising off the back of one. On the flip side of that the lottery funding means that they are paid to pursue their dreams.
As for the rowing, we spend more on that than any other sport so it really is a poor effort his time.

A lot of fourth places for the rowers. I would take a couple of million off the rowing budget and give it to BMX. Ridiculous that the female BMX riders had to effectively crowd fund their efforts.

My goal at the start of the games was 19 golds to match Beijing and to finish above Australia. I don't belittle other medals, there are many magnificent achievements in there but as Daley Thompson once said it's all about the Big G.

As it stands I believe we have 4 realistic golds to play for in the velodrome and in the ring and went above the Aussies today, so should be on to achieve both goals.

The track and field has been a disappointment from a headline perspective, losing our best 2 gold medal chances to injury and a surprise one in the mens 4x100m choked away. Be the first Olympics since '96 that we haven't won one, even though we've had a couple of tremendous silvers in the women's middle distance events

Kenny L in the Omnium and Marchant in the sprint are definitely live gold contenders. Also unless I have missed it I think the Men’s Madison and Kierin are still to be fought out.

I expect us to win both boxing finals.

Isnt there team show jumping still out there to be won? That has to be a possibility.

It was the mens keirin and the women's omnium that they said today are the live gold chances, the others medals

Marchant is definitely a potential gold. Depends on a bit of luck.

The medal total is fabulous. If you think back to the 80s and 90s it’s ridiculous in comparison.
In one way you have to feel sorry for some gold medalists as they used to say you could earn upto a million in sponsorship/advertising off the back of one. On the flip side of that the lottery funding means that they are paid to pursue their dreams.
As for the rowing, we spend more on that than any other sport so it really is a poor effort his time.
Never mind the 80's and 90's, I remember 1972....one gold medal... Mary Peters, pentathlon

1996 was one (Redgrave & Pinsent) in the rowing.
I think we had a few more gold in 1972 and this years team gold in the eventing was the first since then.

I'm sure it's an old age thing, can remember 72 quite clearly but 96 is a blur
Everything in 96 was on at unsociable times for us as the games were in Atlanta. Whatever the TV coverage was like in 1972, it would have been easier to watch as it was from Munich.

Back